The need for a home loan generally arises for buying a house, renovating, or constructing one. It ensures that you do not have to break your investments and savings or postpone other essential financial goals like children’s higher education or retirement.
A home loan has many features and benefits. But, to be able to receive a loan, you need to meet certain eligibility criteria.
What is home loan eligibility?
To qualify for a housing loan, you need to fulfill certain parameters or requirements. These ensure that you can repay the loan amount without any difficulty and any default. If you don’t meet the eligibility criteria, it will lead to the rejection of your loan application. Consequently, your credit profile will have a negative mark. Thus, for fast and smooth completion of the loan process, make sure that you meet the required eligibility criteria.
Your eligibility for the loan depends on your repayment capacity and the price of the property you intend to purchase or construct. A vital aspect of home loan eligibility is that you must have a regular source of income, and your EMI should be 40% to 45% of your income.
Factors affecting home loan eligibility
- Age: The first factor that banks or Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) consider when they receive a housing loan application is the applicant’s age. Financial institutions try to limit the house loan tenure to the individual’s age of superannuation. So, a young professional in his 20s and early 30s can easily avail of a loan with a tenure of up to 25 years. But, older applicants, particularly those above the age of 40 years, face challenges to enjoy an extended tenure.
- Income: Loan applicants can be salaried, professional, or self-employed individuals. It is vital to have a steady source of income to be eligible for a loan. Depending on the category, you will have to submit payslips, form 16, bank statements, employer reference letters, ITR papers, rent receipts, and more.
- Home loan interest rates: The eligibility for home finance is inversely proportional to the rate of interest. It is easier to get a loan with a lower rate of interest.
- Loan tenure: The eligibility for a loan improves if you choose a longer loan term. The EMI is also lesser. However, you pay more interest. You can use the home loan EMI calculator to check for the difference in the EMI amount with varying loan tenures.
- CIBIL score: The Credit Information Bureau India Limited maintains detailed records of information regarding your credit history. Banks use this information to determine your eligibility.
When you approach a lender, you must keep some parameters in mind. Several lenders in the financial marketplace offer competitive interest rates, and the home loan solutions are tailor-made to meet the demands of different borrowers. You can choose the housing loan amount, tenure, and the EMI period as per your requirements. The home loan EMI calculator provides all the required details to help you plan your loan repayment.
Apart from this, you can also read Entertainment, Tech, and Health-related articles here: MovieRulz, Sex Education season 3, NFL Live Stream, Youtbe, Bailey Sarian Net Worth, Bollyshare, Afdah, Samsung Galaxy F22 Review, 1616 Angel Number, 444 Angel Number, Moviezwap, Y8, Jalshamoviez, Website traffic checker, Project Free TV, Kickassanime, 777 Angel Number, September 8 Zodiac, Kissasian, 666 Angel Number, 333 Angel Number, Holiday Season, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 review, PUBG Launch Date in India, Sears Credit Card, GoDaddy Email, Free Fire Redeem Code, Mangago, Jio Rockers, New iPhone 13, Vivo Y53s Review, Eye Shapes, M4uHD, Fever Dream, Moon water, iPhone Headphones, Spanish Movies, Hip dips, M4ufree, NBAstreams XYZ, CCleaner Browser review, Avocado Calories, Bear Grylls net worth, Rihanna net worth 2021, Highest Paid CEO, The 100 season 8, Sundar Pichai net worth, Grimes net worth, F95Zone, how to change Twitch name, Sherlock Season 5, Homeland Season 9.