Yoga can help youngsters improve their focus, concentration, and balance with regular practice. Here are five yoga asanas that children should do to help them grow their brains.
The yoga poses are known for bringing our mind and body into a state of balance. It not only allows us to be physically fit and mentally alert, but it also allows us to gain a deeper understanding of ourselves. It is suitable for people of all ages, especially children.
Yoga practice on a regular basis can help youngsters increase their attention span and concentration, which is beneficial for them as learning and education are a part of their development. Yoga not only improves children’s focus and concentration, but also helps them remember what they’ve learned.
“For some children, maintaining focus, concentration, and balance might be difficult. Yoga provides an opportunity to improve such skills and build confidence through practice. Through movement, play, emotion, and social learning, yoga education encourages brain-based learning. It improves learning readiness, nourishes the brain, and produces new brain cells. Yoga also aids sensory integration and helps the brain prepare for complicated tasks and learning “Sabrina Merchant, Founder of Li’l Yogis and author of Ocean Yoga, is a certified kids Yoga and Mindfulness Expert.
Merchant also recommends the following asanas to help children focus:
1. Tree Pose or Vrikshasana
- To begin, stand tall with your toes, foot, and knees together. Make a fist with your palms. With your eyes, find a focal point.
- Shift your weight to your left foot and turn your right knee out to the side when you’re ready.
Keep your toes on the floor and rest your right heel on the left ankle. Lift your right foot up to rest on the inside of your calf, or bring your foot all the way up to press into your inner thigh, if you’re feeling balanced.
- Reaching up to the sky, slowly grow your arm branches. You have the option of bringing your hands together or keeping them apart over your head.
- Balance for three to ten deep, steady breaths, or as long as you can.
2. Eagle Pose or Garudasana
- Begin by standing with your feet together on your mat.
- Bend your knees slightly, bring your left foot up, and lift your left leg, crossing your left thigh over the right, while resting on your right foot. Make a point with your left toes toward the ground. On the right foot, keep your balance.
- Straighten your arms out in front of you, parallel to the ground, palms facing each other.
- Make a cross with your arms. To construct a Namaste, bend your elbows and try to touch your hands together.
- Keep your chin level with the ground and your gaze fixed on the road ahead.
- Hold this position for ten seconds.
- Rep on the opposite side.
3. Frog Pose or Mandukasana
- Bring your feet wider than your hips and turn your toes out slightly.
- Keep your spine straight and your feet flat as you lower and back your hips.
- Bring your hands to a prayer position in front of your heart and breathe deeply while keeping your chest open.
4. Flamingo Pose
- Begin by standing tall, toes, feet, and knees together.
- By bending your right knee and gripping the right foot with your right hand, shift your weight to your left leg and steadily lift your right leg up.
- Extend your left hand in front of you and balance like a flamingo on one leg.
- Count to ten. Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
5. King Dancer Pose or Natarajasana
- Start with Mountain Pose.
- Bend one foot up and place your hand on that foot.
- Lift your free hand over your head while keeping your body erect.
- Bend forward while maintaining your balance, bringing your elevated leg towards the ceiling.
- Return your hands to your sides and gently release your leg.
- Rep the process on the other side.
Apart from this, you can also read Entertainment, Tech, and Health-related articles here: KissAnime, Jim Carrey net worth, PDF Drive, How to delete Reddit Account, Sweet Home Season 2, How much are perals worth, Rainbow Kiss, MovieRulz, Sex Education season 3, NFL Live Stream, Youtbe, Bailey Sarian Net Worth, Bollyshare, Afdah, Moviezwap, Y8, Jalshamoviez, Project Free TV, Kissasian, Holiday Season, Sears Credit Card, GoDaddy Email, Mangago, Jio Rockers, M4uHD, Hip dips, M4ufree, NBAstreams XYZ, CCleaner Browser review, Avocado Calories, Bear Grylls net worth, Highest Paid CEO, The 100 season 8, Sundar Pichai net worth, Grimes net worth, F95Zone, Sherlock Season 5, Homeland Season 9.
Information Source: Hindustan Times