Yoga Asanas to Keep Lungs Healthy [Step-by-Step Guide]
Due to the poor air quality caused by stubble and cracker burning during Diwali, we are at serious risk of developing a variety of health problems. Toxic pollutants irritate airways, causing symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath, as well as an increased risk of various respiratory illnesses.
Yoga contains a number of asanas and pranayama practises that can help you improve your lung capacity. Various studies have backed up the many benefits of yoga for the lungs, claiming that the controlled breathing used during yoga can reduce anxiety, improve relaxation, and increase blood oxygen levels.
Yoga can help open clogged airways caused by bronchitis or emphysema, both of which are connected to COPD (chronic inflammatory lung disease), as well as enhance airflow. Even in advanced COPD cases, simple yoga methods have been shown to be beneficial.
“Make a few simple modifications in your lifestyle and habits, such as staying hydrated, eating a nutritious food, and performing yoga for better lung health,” advises Grand Master Akshar, a renowned Yoga master.
Here are Yoga asanas for healthy lungs:
Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
Kneel on your yoga mat with your hands on your hips.
- Arc your back and slide your palms over your feet until your arms are straight at the same time.
- Maintain a neutral position for your neck by avoiding straining or flexing it.
- Remain in this position for a few breaths.
- Exhale and slowly return to the starting position. As you straighten up, withdraw your hands and bring them back to your hips.
Chakrasana (Wheel Pose)
- Take a deep breath and lie down on your back.
- Fold your legs at the knees and make sure your feet are firmly planted on the floor.
- With your palms facing the sky, bend your arms at the elbows. Place your palms on the floor on either side of your head and rotate your arms at the shoulders.
- Inhale deeply, press your palms and legs together, and lift your entire body into an arch.
- Relax your neck and let your head fall back gently.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Lie flat on your stomach with your palms beneath your shoulders.
- Keep your toes on the ground and your feet together.
- Completely inhale (Purak), hold your breath (Kumbakh), and then raise your head, shoulders, and body to a 30-degree angle.
- Make sure your navel is on the ground, shoulders are broad, and your head is slightly elevated upwards.
- Applying pressure to your toes triggers the Sun (Right) and Moon (Left) channels in your lower back.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds.
- Slowly lower your torso and exhale slowly (Rechak) – This breathing technique is beneficial.
Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (Upward Facing Dog Pose)
Lie on your stomach on the ground, flat on your back.
- Your arms must be placed beside your body and your feet must face downwards.
- Fold your elbows gently.
- Bring your palms closer to your floating ribs and under your shoulders.
- Inhale and gently lift your knees, hips, and torso off the mat by pressing your palms firmly on the floor.
- Keep your elbows straight and your arms sturdy.
- Extend your shoulders and lift your head.
- Make sure your knees don’t touch the ground.
- Curl your toes inwards and press them on the floor before stretching them outwards to apply pressure.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds. Exhale and let go.
“You can combine these poses with Pranayama techniques like Kapal Bhati. Yoga is a strong instrument for increasing lung capacity and removing toxins from the body “According to the yoga expert.
Apart from this, you can also read Entertainment, Tech, and Health-related articles here: Alyson Hannigan, Brent Rivera net worth, Emma Watson net worth, 444 angel number, 666 angel number, 1616 angel number, 777 angel number, 333 angel number, Dave Portnoy net worth, Lionel Messi net worth, Keanu Reeves net worth, The Equalizer 3, The 100 Season 8, Gina Carano net worth, Bruno Mars net worth, KissAnime, Jim Carrey net worth, PDF Drive, Youtbe, Bailey Sarian Net Worth, Bollyshare, Afdah, Moviezwap, Y8, Jalshamoviez, Project Free TV, Kissasian, Mangago, Jio Rockers, M4uHD, Hip dips, M4ufree, NBAstreams XYZ, CCleaner Browser review, Avocado Calories, Bear Grylls net worth, Highest Paid CEO, The 100 season 8, Sundar Pichai net worth, Grimes net worth, and, F95Zone.