AZ-104 is Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Examination. It is a role-based examination conducted by Microsoft that requires some prior experience.
This certification examination is a replacement for the previous certification exam, named AZ-103.
Let us begin with understanding more about AZ-104 and who can appear for it.
AZ-104: The Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Examination
Azure provides cloud services that help companies build a more efficient, cost-effective, and scalable cloud infrastructure. Thus, Azure has gained high implementation demands in businesses, and in turn, the need for resources with Azure-related knowledge has grown. This certification exam helps cater to this demand.
Through this Microsoft Azure certification examination, resources are made ready and certified of having experience in maintaining, implementing, monitoring, and configuring cloud environments using Microsoft Azure.
Cloud Computing has changed the whole perspective of business operations with easy maintenance, accessibility, and privacy of data, managing and accessing virtual machines and networks. In addition, the cloud environment has provided a solution for hazards and delays faced due to infrastructure installations.
More trained and certified resources will be available to work with Microsoft Azure services and implement the same for the companies through this Microsoft Cloud certification.
Let us understand the role of a Microsoft Azure Administrator:
Microsoft Azure administrators are professionals working for an organization that implements Microsoft Azure clouds infrastructure. The administrator has the following role in Microsoft Azure Environment:
- Managing the organization’s cloud environment
- Monitoring the actions performed in the Microsoft Azure environment throughout the organization
- Implementing Azure environment
- Identity monitoring
- Storage management
- Virtual networks used by the organization through Azure
- Governance of data and actions
- Adjusting resources
Prerequisites of AZ-104
AZ-104 being a role-specific certification, requires specific knowledge and skill-sets. The candidate willing to appear for AZ 104 should have the below-mentioned experience/knowledge of Microsoft Azure that include:
- A minimum of six months of working knowledge of Microsoft Azure administration is necessary. The candidate should have practical experience in implementing, monitoring, and managing a company’s Azure environment.
- A basic understanding of core functionalities of Azure services, workload, governance, etc., is crucial.
- Depending on the candidate, working experience of PowerShell, Azure portal, Azure Resource Manager, CLI, etc., may also be a requirement.
Pattern and Scoring of AZ-104
The Microsoft Azure certification exam AZ-104 measures the following skill-set of the candidate:
- Managing Azure identity and governance: coverage of 15% – 20%
- Manage Azure AD
- Manage RBAC or Role-Based Access Control
- Managing subscription and governance
- Storage management and implementation: coverage of 15% – 20%
- Securing storage
- Managing storage
- Configuration of files and blob storage: coverage of 20% – 25%
- Management and deployment of Azure compute resources
- Automated deployment of VMs using Azure Resource Manager
- Configuring VMs
- Creation and configuration of containers
- Creation and configuration of Azure App Services
- Configuring and managing virtual network: coverage of 25% – 30%
- Implementation and management
- Access security
- Load balancing
- Troubleshooting and managing
- Monitoring and backing up of Azure resources: coverage of 10% – 15%
- Backup and recovery
- Monitoring resources
- Name: Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
- Code: AZ-104
- Duration: 2 hours or 120 minutes
- Question Format: MCQ – Multiple Choice Questions, MRQ – Multiple Response Questions
- Number of questions: 40 to 60 questions
- Azure certification cost: $165 or ₹4800
- Total score: 1000
- Passing score: 700
- Language: English
Azure Certification Training
Microsoft offers both trainer-led paid training as well as self-paced unpaid training.
The self-paced unpaid training for AZ-104 is divided into six sections, where each has several modules:
- Prerequisites of Azure administrator:
- This topic is divided into six modules, and the duration of the training is 3hrs 40mins.
- Covers the basic ideas to understand the working of Microsoft Azure
- Manage identities and governance in Azure:
- This is divided into eight modules, and the duration of the training is 4hrs 7 mins.
- This topic covers the concepts of governance, RBAC (Role-Based Access Control), and active directories.
- Implement and manage storage in Azure:
- This is divided into nine modules, and the duration is 4hrs 44mins.
- This topic includes concepts of managing storage in Azure, files, and Blob storage.
- Manage and deploy Azure compute resources:
- This is divided into 11 modules, and the training is of 6hrs 19mins.
- This topic focuses on deploying and configuring virtual machines, web applications, and containers.
- Manage and configure virtual networks for Azure administrators:
- This is divided into 15 modules, and the duration of this session is 8hrs.
- This topic covers configuring and managing Azure networks capabilities like protection and delivery of applications, connectivity, network monitoring.
- Backup and monitor Azure resources:
- This has nine modules, and the duration of this session is 4hrs 50 mins.
- This topic covers the concept of backup and recovery in Azure.
In these courses, Microsoft also includes training sessions for the prerequisites of this exam. These include the following topics:
- Core concepts of Azure
- Core services of Azure
- Solution and Management tools
- Security (general and network)
- Privacy, compliance, governance, and identity
- Cost management and service level agreement
AZ-104 is a certification process conducted by Microsoft with an intermediate level of difficulty. This examination prepares and certifies employees for the growing demand for Azure service implementations.
Apart from this, you can also read Entertainment, Tech, and Health-related articles here: The Equalizer 3, The 100 Season 8, Gina Carano net worth, Bruno Mars net worth, KissAnime, Jim Carrey net worth, PDF Drive, How to delete Reddit Account, Sweet Home Season 2, How much are pearls worth, Rainbow Kiss, MovieRulz, Sex Education season 3, NFL Live Stream, Youtbe, Bailey Sarian Net Worth, Bollyshare, Afdah, Moviezwap, Y8, Jalshamoviez, Project Free TV, Kissasian, Holiday Season, Sears Credit Card, GoDaddy Email, Mangago, Jio Rockers, M4uHD, Hip dips, M4ufree, NBAstreams XYZ, CCleaner Browser review, Avocado Calories, Bear Grylls net worth, Highest Paid CEO, The 100 season 8, Sundar Pichai net worth, Grimes net worth, F95Zone, Sherlock Season 5, Homeland Season 9.