World Health Organization (WHO) cautioned on Monday that the Omicron variety of coronavirus’s diverging design could drive future outbreaks with “severe repercussions.” The UN health agency said in a technical briefing document for its member nations that the chance of Omicron spreading further at a global level is high, and the total danger associated with the new variety of concerns has been assessed as “very high”.
“Future surges of Covid-19, depending on these features, could have catastrophic repercussions, depending on a variety of circumstances, including where surges may occur,” the paper concluded.
Omicron is currently being transmitted locally in South Africa, and the variant has now been found in four WHO regions: African, Eastern Mediterranean, European, and Western Pacific. The majority of cases outside of Africa are travel-related, according to the UN agency, which expects local transmission in other countries as more information becomes available.
To combat the spread of the novel viral variant, the WHO has recommended a number of priority actions for member nations, including increased surveillance and sequencing efforts and widespread adoption of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.’s PCR test to detect the variant.
The Omicron variant reflects the threat of prolonged vaccine injustice. The longer we take to deliver #VaccinEquity, the more we allow the #COVID19 virus to circulate, mutate and become potentially more dangerous. pic.twitter.com/tfN5SlBiA5
— Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (@DrTedros) November 28, 2021
Here are some of WHO’s initial recommendations for member states:
- In addition to increased surveillance and sequencing efforts, the UN health agency has recommended field research and laboratory analyses to better understand Omicron’s properties.
- Because Omicron is indicated by S gene target failure (SGTF) from a commonly used PCR test, the SGTF can be utilized as a marker for this variant, potentially leading to efficient detection of the variant of concern.
- Initial cases/clusters related to Omicron should be reported to WHO, as well as the percentage of Omicron in sequenced samples.
- Increase immunization coverage of Covid-19 as soon as possible.
- To change foreign travel measures in a timely manner, a risk-based strategy is used. For more information, the WHO has advised checking its upcoming guidelines on international traffic in relation to the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron strain.
Apart from this, you can also read Entertainment, Tech, and Health-related articles here: Crackstream, The Matrix 4, Goku, Kung Fu Panda 4, Leonardo DiCaprio net worth, Diabolik Lovers Season 3, Twitch Error 2000, Alyson Hannigan, Brent Rivera net worth, Emma Watson net worth, 444 angel number, 666 angel number, 1616 angel number, 777 angel number, 333 angel number, Dave Portnoy net worth, Lionel Messi net worth, Keanu Reeves net worth, The Equalizer 3, The 100 Season 8, Gina Carano net worth, Bruno Mars net worth, KissAnime, Jim Carrey net worth, PDF Drive, Youtbe, Bailey Sarian Net Worth, Bollyshare, Afdah, Moviezwap, Y8, Jalshamoviez, Project Free TV, Kissasian, Mangago, Jio Rockers, M4uHD, Hip dips, M4ufree, NBAstreams XYZ, CCleaner Browser review, Avocado Calories, Bear Grylls net worth, Highest Paid CEO, The 100 season 8, Sundar Pichai net worth, Grimes net worth, and, F95Zone.