There is a widespread and generally correct opinion that without knowledge of mathematics you cannot become a good programmer. How important is such knowledge and is it possible to do without it?
Does a programmer need mathematics?
Yes, he does. You can even say that it is necessary. But we must bear in mind that for a start will be enough the simplest school course. If you can add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers, this is already enough to start learning to program. It is not for nothing that many children are taught programming almost from the 1st grade (some even in kindergarten). Logically, such children have no deep knowledge of mathematics in principle. And nothing, it does not bother them.
But if you are interested in becoming a programmer, you gradually have to master mathematics at a more serious level. Without it, professional and career growth are impossible.
Learning is light
As you learn to program (regardless of the chosen language or languages) you will be increasingly faced with situations where you need a deep knowledge of mathematics. And the following will happen:
- You’ll figure out exactly what you need to learn. From there you can study on your own, go to a tutor, or graduate from specialized courses – you will choose your preferred option of study. Because you now know exactly what you need and why you need it, training will be much faster and more effective than before.
- You will begin to learn the basics of advanced mathematics without any textbooks. It will still not be enough to grow professionally, but it will be enough to solve your problems and gradually gain the necessary experience.
Basic sections of mathematics for programmers
Programmers need different sections of mathematics, many of which may sound very complicated for a person not familiar with the subject. But gradually, as you gain experience, a programming fanatic will have no trouble figuring it all out.
- Statistics and Combinatorics. This is a basic section for programmers, the basis of which begin to learn at school.
- Logic and Discrete Mathematics. The basics of number theory, graphs, sets, and so on are described here. Learning at the basic level also starts while still in school.
- Mathematical Analysis. This section is necessary for those programmers who want to work in Computer Science. It is extremely difficult to cope without outside help. So some students like to use cpm homework help.
- Algorithm Theory. Not the first section on the list, since it requires serious mathematical training. But it is extremely necessary to understand the workings of algorithms and many other things.
- Linear Algebra. Needed for the development of abstract thinking. Critically needed for programmers who are focused on the field of VR, GameDev, graphics, and so on.
Theory without practice is dead
Developing programs, games, apps, and the like is a fascinating and multifaceted process. Many solutions can be implemented at a rudimentary level, using basic skills. But with time you will realize that without knowledge of mathematics the software turns out to be very cumbersome, unoptimized. It just looks ugly, to say the least. An enthusiastic programmer, even if he was not given mathematics at school, sooner or later will find the strength and master all the necessary knowledge.
EntertainmentTechHealthNew iPhone 13Vivo Y53s ReviewEye ShapesM4uHDFever DreamMoon waterOppo Reno 6 Pro ReviewiPhone HeadphonesBest gaming desksTheWiSpy Review, Spanish Movieship dipsM4ufree, Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra Review,Pulse OximeterGoogle Pixel 5a ReviewNBA Stream XYZCCleaner Browser reviewAvocado CaloriesBear Grylls net worthRihanna net worth 2021Dry white wineHighest Paid CEOThe 100 season 8Sundar Pichai net worthLegacies Season 2Grimes net worthOscar Isaac heightKonosub season 3Good Omens season 2F95Zonehow to change MSI keyboard color,Microsoft Office Suitehow to block subredditsHow to Share Netflix Accounthow to change Twitch nameThe Last Airbender 2Sherlock Season 5Homeland castNow you see meLove Alarm season 2Young Justice season 4Shield Hero season 2Salvation season 3Vivo Y53s ReviewJack Ryan season 3