A Beginners Guide on How to Create a Subreddit
Reddit is a popular social news site where the contents in the site are created and promoted by the users. It basically works on the user’s upvotes and downvotes. The other important factor in Reddit is Karma. Based on the user’s Karma, the posts get boosted up to the top. Karma is decided based on the total number of upvotes against the downvotes. For example, if the user gets an upvote, he’ll get a Karma. If he gets a downvote, he loses Karma. Karma is simply defined as the user’s score. The more positive Karma will drive your posts with more clicks and views. On the other hand, negative Karma is quite the opposite to it. A subreddit is a forum to discuss only a particular topic. It helps the users to find more information about the topic. Check out this blog to know more about Subreddit and how to create it within minutes.
What is Subreddit
Subreddits are web forums that focus only on a particular topic. The users can join and leave the forum whenever they want. Subreddit plays a great role in gaining knowledge, as it allows users to know more about a particular topic. Even a new user can create a Subreddit in minutes, the process is simple and easy to do. But promoting and increasing members to join your community is a difficult task. The subreddit topic you’ve created should have a valuable purpose and should benefit the users. As per the Backlinko stats, there are more than 3 million subreddits are available in the Reddit platform. Subreddit is one of the best ways to learn about a particular topic. In a subreddit, you can upload images, videos, texts, and any type of media file. The various opinions and impressions about a topic give you a better understanding of the topic.
Factors to Consider while creating a Subreddit
- Plan the outline of the topic. If you’re choosing a topic, learn about the topic to get in-depth knowledge.
- The second important factor in naming your subreddit community. Select a relevant and catchy name for your subreddit.
- Make sure that the first post you’re posting is good quality content. Avoid including false information in your post.
- Enlarge and expand your community by sending an invitation. The more the members, the more the ideas can be explored and discussed.
- Always post the content related to the topic.
- Make sure to add links to the content you’re posting.
- Use polls to get a clear understanding of the topic.
- Make sure to post images in smaller sizes so that they will load quickly for the user. You can use free online image compressors like Compress My Image to reduce image size without losing quality.
- Interact more in the forum, post good quality content and avoid including false information. Following these three will help you to increase your positive Karma.
How to Create a Subreddit
1) Open a browser on your PC.
2) Visit the official website of Reddit.
3) Tap the Log In option displayed at the top right corner. If you’re new to Reddit, tap Sign up and follow the on-screen prompts to set up your account.
4) Once you’re in, you can see several Reddit feeds on the home page.
5) On the right side menu, look for the option Create Community. You can also find this option in the profile icon.
6) Click Create Community.
7) A small menu pops up on the screen, enter your Community name in the name box. Your community name should not exceed above 21 characters and choose the Community type in the menu.
8) If your subreddit is about 18 + plus content, make sure to check off the box 18+-year-old community.
9) After finishing all the processes listed above, tap Create Community.
10) That’s it. Your Community page will be created.
11) Tap Create Post on the sidebar to create your first subreddit post.
12) You’ll see a new screen on the interface. First, give your topic a title in the title box.
13) Now, type your thoughts and ideas about the topic in the Text area. Use all the editing options available.
14) After typing the required text content, navigate to the Images tab.
15) Tap upload and import the images from the PC. You can also drag and drop the image on the image area. Choose the images relevant to the content.
16) If you want, you can upload a video.
17) You can also add links by navigating to the link tab.
18) In addition to this, you can create a poll by tapping the poll icon.
19) After your post is ready, Click the option Post to publish it. There is an option to schedule posts. Just tap the calendar icon next to the Post option, set your desired time, and tap Apply to confirm the schedule.
While scrolling through subreddits, if you come across any exciting videos, you can’t download the video straight away. For that, you can use free reddit video downloader tools online to get the job done.
Reddit is a popular platform like Quora that basically runs on the interaction between users. Like Quora, Reddit also helps in solving queries. Creating a subreddit allows you to know about a particular topic in detail. Subreddit helps the users to learn and gain more knowledge. Subreddit is the best forum platform to explore and share our ideas and knowledge. Still, what are you waiting for? Create your Subreddit and share your ideas with the world! Learn and Grow with Subreddit!