10 Tips to Write a Quality Assignment
Writing is one the oldest medium of expression having been used by our fore-parents. It is said that in comparison to speech which is transitory, writing is more valid, concrete, and enduring since it can be seen and used as evidence later in the future. In the early times, there were no words rather the cave people used images and symbols to communicate thus it can be rightly said that the origin of using writing as a source of conversion dates back to the stone age as the scholars have found the traces of written communication in 3200 BC where people used the symbols and pictures to transmute their thoughts and views to others.
Gradually with the passage of time and with the invasion of the British Raj in the 5th Century, the English language became predominant spreading all over the places where the Britishers set their colonies making the dialect the official language and later the universal language. (Oxford, n.d.) That is why the English language became a uniform medium of writing and communication around the globe. All over the world, in business industries and academics; the English language started to be used as a primary vernacular.
Since the language is spread all over the world even in the countries where English is not the first language, it is used to communicate for its attribute of being international, therefore, it is necessary for everyone to have command over the language and if not the expertise than they must learn to at least talk and write the basics. There are numerous platforms available both online and offline to learn the language from and the good thing about the dialect is that, it doesn’t take much time to learn it. All a student requires is some practice, once the language is learnt; it can have plenty of benefits especially to the students for writing their assignments and thesis. Also, the language can be proven a good strategic management assignment help which can be tricky and difficult if anyone is not familiar with the English language.
Before starting to write any of the work be it, thesis, reports, or assignments there are a few tips that the writer should pay attention to, to get the desired result and a masterpiece of writing. The tips are as follows;
- Obtain Clarity: It is necessary for the assignment writer to obtain the clarity of the subject to better understand the topic so that they do not suffer when they sit to write.
- Research beforehand: Research is one of the most important factors of assignment writing because the writer must know everything about the topic they are writing about. Therefore, it is necessary to conduct research before writing so all the questions or queries that the writer may have can be cleared and answered and the writer can be fluent in composing the draft.
- Brainstorm the ideas: writing does come naturally but the writing should have the skill to understand the ideas as they occur to them. A writer should note down the peculiar details, important points, and anything related to the subject and form drafts using all the notes. These notes prove to be useful in final writing. If needed the writer should choose any of the best assignment writing services UK based to get further assistance. (California State University, n.d.)
- Write an Introduction: The introduction or sometimes referred to as abstract is the main part of the assignment that provides the gist about the rest of the assignment indicating to the reader what to expect ahead. Therefore, the introductory paragraph of the assignment or essay should be catchy, engaging, and must include relevant and precise information for the reader.
- Format and Structure: Although it seems something negligible, formatting which includes font style, size, and colour, alignment of the lines and paragraphs, citations, borders, and everything that can be seen on the paper play a vital role in writing an attractive assignment. Similarly, structure; which includes, types of sentences, grammar, punctuation, phrases, idioms and the like are equally important to make the paper worth publishing and reading. If it’s a school assignment then all these areas can make a student either gain or lose marks quickly.
- Think out of the box: The writer should make the reader engaged and interested in reading the whole paper and not just the beginning part and for doing so, the writer must be good at critical thinking and have an ability to think outside of the box in an unconventional way so that the reader is excited with the new information they are receiving. This approach of abstract thinking proves to be an asset for the graduate level of assignment writing because those assignments require in depth analysis of the subject. (Alex, 2020)
- Avoid Plagiarism: It is never good for a student to copy the content from other sources. However, assistance and guidance are acceptable, plagiarizing the whole content falls under cybercrime because the work is not self-generated. Thus, when writing any kind of paperwork, be it thesis, reports, or simple school assignments the writer must maintain the authenticity of their work and avoid copying the content from different sources. (Techwibe, n.d.)
- Citations: It is true that a little help is needed whenever writing an assignment. A student can choose from the best assignment writing services UK based available, however, it is imperative to cite the resource where the writer has taken the help to avoid the risk of getting the paper plagiarized. If the writer mentions the source where they have taken particular details, the paper would seem well researched rather than copied. Thus, the citation part of the assignment writing should be keenly considered.
- Review: it is always good to proofread the document once the writer is done with the first draft. Proofreading enables the writer to know the mistakes they conducted and have a chance to correct them before submitting. Reviewing and proofreading also makes the writer look professional.
- Take Expert suggestion: This is the last step of an assignment writing that expert advice must be taken. Experts are those who have immense knowledge of the subject. For example; if the medical paper is written, it would be good to get it checked by a medical professional before making the final submission. In this manner, if there is any ambiguity in the assignment, it could be figured out and corrected.
All the above-mentioned points are very important to be considered whenever writing a paper, these factors are proven by the professionals to be effective for attractive writing and drive a positive result for the writers. Thus, the points should be studied deeply by anyone be it a native English speaker or non-natives wanting to obtain a good score in assignment writing.
Alex. (2020, October 09). 10 Tips to write an Excellent Assignmnet . Retrieved from myassignmnetservices.com: https://www.myassignmentservices.com/blog/10-tips-to-write-an-excellent-assignment
California State University, M. B. (n.d.). Communications Accross the Disciplines. Retrieved from csumb.edu: https://csumb.edu/cad/10-tips-writing-assignments/
Olson, D. R. (2020, March 31). Writing. Retrieved from Encyclopedia Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/topic/writing
Oxford, I. (n.d.). A brief history of the English language. Retrieved from Oxford International English: https://www.oxfordinternationalenglish.com/a-brief-history-of-the-english-language/
Techwibe. (n.d.). Best 10 Tips How to Improve Your Assignment Writing Skills. Retrieved from techwibe.com: https://www.techwibe.com/best-10-tips-how-to-improve-your-assignment-writing-skills/