How to Add Chapters to YouTube Video: Manual and Automated
Listen to the Podcast:
Chapters for YouTube videos allow viewers to quickly navigate to a section of the video with the answer to their question. It is common for a person to leave the video if they cannot find what they are looking for; for this reason, adding chapters to your content is essential today. Here you will know how to add chapters to YouTube video in 2023.
The function of dividing the content by chapters came to YouTube in 2020. The tool, at first, was only enabled for computers and the best Chromebooks, but now it is also available on mobile devices, both those that use the Android operating system and the iPhone.
Chapters increase the retention time of the video and make the video more useful by exposing the information it contains.
How to add chapters to YouTube videos: the manual way
- Go to the “Control Panel” of your channel.
- Then, go to the “Content” section and click on the pencil-shaped icon.
- To add chapters, go to the description box and type 00:00, followed by the chapter name.
- Now, you can add timestamps and subsequent chapter names on each line, one after the other.
- When you’re done, click “Save.” Chapters may take 24 hours to post.
If you are looking for YouTube engagement tips, read the best ways to gain engagement on YouTube.
Automatically add chapters to YouTube videos
- Enter the “Control Panel.”
- Access “Content,” place the cursor over the video, and click on the pencil icon.
- Scroll down and tap on “Show more.”
- Go down again in the list of options and click “Allow automatic chapters and key moments” to enable the function.
That’s all you’ll have to do. In a short time, you will notice that adding chapters and dividing the information into several sections will help increase the retention rate of your channel. Likewise, users will find the answer they are looking for without complications, so it is an excellent benefit for both the audience and the content creators; everyone wins.