Best Hospitals for Neurosurgery Worldwide
Neurological diseases claim the lives of 6 million people every year. They typically result from brain, spinal cord, or peripheral nerve damage. That means that doctors must have high qualifications, and the equipment must be precise because the affected vital structures are tiny and difficult to access. Precision is crucial, as even the slightest error can have life-threatening consequences. Nevertheless, many foreign patients have confirmed that hospitals in the US and Europe successfully help thousands of patients.
AiroMedical platform collaborates with partners and patients annually to assess hospitals’ work. Our team of experts evaluates various factors such as treatment effectiveness, doctor qualifications, research and developments, and other details to provide comprehensive healthcare. To make the correct decision, use our rating of the best clinics and specialists in neurosurgery.
Criteria for Selecting the Best Hospitals for Neurosurgery
Neurosurgery is an essential medicine branch because the nervous tissue is sensitive to influences, and recovery can be lengthy and complex. As a result, choosing a clinic that provides quality care is of utmost importance. Here we will make the task easier by listing certain factors to consider when selecting a hospital for neurosurgery:
- Diagnostic capabilities. We suggest choosing a clinic that offers a full range of studies to ensure comprehensive care.
- Doctors qualification. The final treatment result depends on the neurosurgeon’s professional competence, skills, and practical experience. So when looking for a neurosurgeon, choose one with a specialized focus on treating nervous system disorders.
- Technical equipment. Hospitals abroad offer their patients minimally invasive surgeries without extensive incisions or skull trepanation.
- Remote consultation. What to do if you like several doctors? The neurologist you select can evaluate your medical situation, suggest treatment options, and answer any questions during a video consultation.
- Transport accessibility. Hospitals in large cities are usually well-connected to airports and other cities. It makes transportation more convenient and affordable.
AiroMedical is an authoritative name in neurosurgery. Our ratings help patients identify hospitals that best care for severe or complex diseases or procedures. Many have years of experience performing neurosurgical procedures, achieving excellent results even in rare and challenging conditions.
Top Hospitals for Neurosurgery in the United States
Duke University Hospital Durham
Santa Monica Medical Center
University Hospital Kansas City
Benefits of medical treatment in the US
Why patients choose hospitals in the US:
- The list of hospitals in the US is famous for performing unique brain and spinal cord operations through stereotactic radiosurgery and awake brain surgeries.
- Unique specialists with years of experience, scientific discoveries, and developments.
- Equipment of the latest generations.
Top Hospitals for Neurosurgery in Europe
Teknon Medical Centre Barcelona, Spain
Academic Hospital Schlosspark Charlottenburg Berlin, Germany
International Neuroscience Institute Hanover, Germany
Benefits of Medical Treatment in Europe
Advantages of applying to hospitals in Europe:
- Complex diagnostic to accurately determine the nature and localization of any nervous system disorders.
- Automated neuro-intensive care units with brain function monitoring programs and life support systems.
- Early postoperative rehabilitation with original drugs and computerized devices.
Top Hospitals for Neurosurgery in Poland
KCM Clinic Wroclaw
Constance Care Robotic Rehabilitation Centre Warsaw
Carolina Medical Centre Warsaw
Benefits of Medical Treatment in Poland
Treatment in hospitals in Poland is:
- Large hospitals use 3D installations to examine the anatomical features of the spinal cord and brain in detail and reduce the risk of medical error.
- Diagnosticians use advanced equipment, including fluoroscopy diagnostic systems and MRI imaging techniques with and without contrast.
- Minimally invasive neuroendoscopic and robotic techniques for more straightforward tolerable surgery and faster recovery.
Top Hospitals for Neurosurgery in Italy
University Hospital San Raffaele Milan IRCCS
Agostino Gemelli University Policlinic
Integrated University Hospital Verona
Benefits of medical treatment in Italy
In neurosurgery hospitals in Italy, patients can find:
- Virtual planning of operations, the use of the latest systems of neuronavigation, microsurgical instruments, and optics.
- Unique techniques without a scalpel using laser technologies and stereotactic surgery.
- Early rehabilitation is aimed at restoring the functions of the nervous system.
Top Hospitals for Neurosurgery in Germany
Pauwels Clinic for Peripheral Nerve and Microsurgery Aachen
Helios Hospital Krefeld
Academic Hospital Bundeswehr Berlin
Benefits of Medical Treatment in Germany
Advantages of German hospitals:
- Endoscopic operations for pituitary tumors and cysts, regional chemotherapy of brain tumors, and robot-assisted interventions.
- The skill of doctors working with neuronavigation equipment and operating microscopes.
- A particular system of spinal neuronavigation, “O-Arm,” is used to perform spinal cord and spine operations.
Best Neurosurgery Doctors Worldwide
Remarkable doctors have earned international recognition:
Prof. Dr. Oliver Abadal Bartolome
- Dr. med. Michael Hanns – Joachim Becker
Prof. Dr. med. h.c. Madjid Samii
- Dr. med. Gerasimos Baltsavias
Best Treatment Solutions for Neurosurgery
Among the advanced neurosurgical technologies, it is worth highlighting:
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) involves implanting electrodes into specific brain areas responsible for the disease. In 70% of patients with Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, the condition stabilized after the procedure.
- Gamma and CyberKnife for non-surgical treatment of inoperable tumors in hard–to–reach places. These treatments are beneficial for brain tumors.
- Disc-FX technology combines several spinal surgery techniques on intervertebral discs. This gentle procedure allows 78% of patients to get rid of back pain, numbness of the limbs, and other consequences of an intervertebral hernia.
- Fluorescent navigation involves using a unique substance to highlight the tumor, making it easier to determine its size and remove it accurately.
- Awake craniotomy. The surgeon can continuously monitor the patient’s brain functions, which reduces the risk of harm to essential areas.
- Robotic surgeries. Advanced technology allows for minimally invasive surgical procedures that are precise and gentle. These procedures can be used for various purposes, such as resecting tissue in epilepsy treatment, removing plaque in atherosclerosis treatment, restoring blood flow in the brain, and treating aneurysms.
How to Get Treatment in the Best Hospitals for Neurosurgery
AiroMedical is a reliable online platform that ensures patients receive top-notch medical care in various countries. We strive to make advanced medical services available to all patients worldwide within a reasonable budget. Our team will help you get an expert medical opinion from a leading neurosurgeon and find the best doctors and hospitals for neurosurgery at affordable prices.
We empathize with the worries of international patients and their families seeking neurosurgery treatment abroad. Therefore, we work tirelessly to ensure our patients get prompt responses and feel at ease during treatment.
Simply make a request, and we’ll handle everything for you.