Aamir Khan Wiki, Biography, Lifestyle, Net Worth, Income & Awards
Aamir Khan is an Indian actor, director, and filmmaker. Also, he is a television talk-show host. Through his 30-year career in the Bollywood industry, Khan has established himself as one of the most popular and influential actors. He has large followers in the world, especially in India and China.
Early Life of Aamir Khan:
Aamir Khan was born on March 14, 1965, in Bombay, Maharashtra, to Taahir Hussain and Zeenat Hussain. His father is a well-known film producer, and his late uncle, producer and director Naseer Hussain were also in the film business. Khan’s grandmother is related to former Indian President A.P.J. Adul Kalam in a small way. He is the oldest of his four brothers and sisters, Faisal Khan, Farhat Khan, and Nikhat Khan.
He finished his early education at the J.B. Petit School. Khan went to Mumbai’s St. Anne’s High School for the first through eighth grades. For the ninth and tenth grades, he went to Bombay Scottish School. He is also the state champion in tennis, and sports are more important to him than school.
Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan
AK, Mr. Perfectionist, Mamu
Actor, Producer, Director
Birthday / Date of Birth
Aamir Khan was born on the 14th of March 1965, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
He’s currently 55 years old.
He is of Pathan descent.
Khan attended J.B. Petit School for his pre-primary education, later switching to St. Anne’s High School, Bandra until the eighth grade, and completed his ninth and tenth grade at the Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra. Later he completed his twelfth grade at Mumbai’s Narsee Monjee College.
- Father – Tahir Hussain (Film producer; worked with his elder brother Nasir Hussain) (Died – February 3, 2010)
- Mother – Zeenat Hussain
- Siblings – Faisal Khan (Younger Brother) (Actor), Nikhat Khan (Sister), Farhat Khan (Brother)
- Relatives – Nasir Hussain (Uncle) (Aamir’s father’s elder brother) (Producer, director, screenwriter, actor), Imran Khan (Nephew)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aamir Khan has dated –
- Reena Dutta (1986-2002) – Khan married Reena Dutta, who had a small part in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak on 18 April 1986. They have two children, a son named Junaid and a daughter, Ira. Reena was involved briefly in Khan’s career when she worked as a producer for Lagaan. In December 2002, Khan filed for divorce. Reena took custody of both children.
- Kiran Rao (2005-Present) – After completing three years of filing for divorce from Reena Dutta, Aamir married Kiran Rao on December 28, 2005. The couple has one child – Azad Rao Khan, who was born via a surrogate mother.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
- Measurements – 43-15-33
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
His shoe size is 8.5 (US).
His first feature film role was in the experimental film Holi (1984) and he began a full-time acting career with a leading role in the tragic romance Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988). His performance in the film and in the thriller Raakh (1989) earned him a National Film Award in the Special Mention category.
Aamir established himself as a leading actor in Hindi cinema in the 1990s by appearing in a number of commercially successful films, including the romantic dramas Dil (1990) and Raja Hindustani (1996), for which he won his first Filmfare Award for Best Actor and the thriller Sarfarosh (1999).
In 1999 he founded Aamir Khan Productions, whose first film, Lagaan (2001), was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film and earned him a National Film Award for Best Popular Film and two more Filmfare Awards (Best Actor and Best Film).
Aamir made his directorial debut with Taare Zameen Par (2007) a major success that garnered him the Filmfare Awards for Best Film and Best Director. Khan’s greatest global success came with the thriller Ghajini (2008), the comedy-drama 3 Idiots (2009), the action film Dhoom 3 (2013), the satire PK (2014), and the sports biopic Dangal (2016) each having held the record for being the highest grossing Indian film.
In 1984, his first feature film role was in the experimental film Holi and he began a full-time acting career with a leading role in the tragic romance Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988).
On May 6, 2012, Aamir made his small screen debut when he hosted Star Plus’s talk show Satyamev Jayate and he was receiving ₹30 million per episode, which was the highest amount to be ever paid to any Indian host per episode.
Aamir Khan has signed a personal endorsement deal with the popular brand, Coca-Cola & Tata Sky.
Aamir Khan Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar, Daniel Day-Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio
- Favorite Actress – Waheeda Rehman, Geeta Bali, Madhubala, Sridevi
- Favorite Film – Pyaasa
- Favorite Restaurant – Frangipani at the Trident (Mumbai), India Jones (Mumbai)
- Favorite Fruit – Banana, Apple
- Favorite Tennis Player – Roger Federer
- Favorite Destination – Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani
- Favorite Cricketer – Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly
- Favorite Writer – Lav Nikolayevich Tolstoy
- Favorite Board Game – Settlers of Catan
- Favorite Song – Oh Re Taal Mile from Anokhi Raat (1968)
- Favorite Sport – Tennis, Cricket
- Favorite Food – Dal & Rice
Aamir Khan’s Net worth
Aamir Khan has an estimated net worth of $150 million dollars as of 2020. He owns a Mercedes Benz S600, Bentley Continental, Rolls Royce Ghost Phantom, Land Rover Range Rover SUV, and BMW 6 series.
Recent Movies of Aamir Khan:
Laal Singh Chaddha is one of Aamir Khan’s current movies.
- Advait Chandan is the director.
- Writer: Atul Kulkarni (adapted by)
- Aamir Khan is in it.
- Kareena Kapoor
- Naga Chaitanya Akkineni
- Language: Hindi
- The date of release was August 11, 2022.
Laal Singh Chaddha is an official remake of the Oscar-winning American drama Forrest Gump (1994), which was based on the same-named novel by Winston Groom from 1986.
The movie tells the story of important events in Indian history from the point of view of Laal Singh Chadha, who is played by Aamir Khan and has autism and a wide range of emotions.
The Emergency, the 1983 Cricket World Cup, Operation Blue Star, the Rath Yatra, and the 1999 Kargil War are all important historical events that are shown in this movie.
Laal Singh Chadha has been filmed in more than a hundred different places in India, and Shah Rukh Khan is said to make a cameo.
Aamir Khan’s Social Media Profiles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Aamir Khan
Where is Aamir Khan originally from?
Aamir Khan is an Indian actor who was born on March 14, 1965, in Bombay, which is now called Mumbai. He was known for his consistent performances and smart choices of scripts.
What is Aamir Khan’s religion?
He is often named one of the 500 most influential Muslims in the world. Khan is an activist and humanitarian who has spoken out for many social causes, some of which have caused political controversy.
Who is Aamir Khan’s best friend?
Amin Hajee, who is Aamir Khan’s best friend, is upset about his split from Kiran Rao. In an interview with Bombay Times, the director of “Koi Jaane Na” said that he and his wife, Charlotte, had already heard about the breakup.
Why is Aamir Khan so popular?
People in China like Aamir Khan because his movies are relatable to them. His first big hit in China, 3 Idiots, was a criticism of the Indian education system, especially the fact that higher education is so competitive that it drives young boys and girls to despair and suicide.
Are Salman and Aamir friends?
“Andaz Apna Apna” is known for the duo of Aamir Khan and Salman Khan. Both of them were good friends outside of the movie business, but something happened between them a few years ago that caused them to stop talking to each other. Let us tell you that Arpita Khan, Salman Khan’s sister, got married in 2014.