How to Delete a TikTok Video to Forget that Horrible Dance You Did
Listen to the Podcast:
TikTok is the most successful social network of late. Unlike Instagram, which initially bet on photography, TikTok focused on one-minute vertical videos. Currently, TikTok does not stop growing. This is because this company has been able to capture the language of the youngest very well, with a platform based solely on video, very easy to consume for hours and when creating. But, What if we want to delete a video?
What needs to be done so that there is no trace of the video? Well, stay, and we’ll explain it to you. We will explain how to delete a TikTok video completely. Thus, if a video has not turned out as you expected, you can get rid of it in a matter of seconds since the procedure is fast.
The first step is to choose the video you want to delete. You must click the three-point icon in the lower right corner of the selected content. Go to the far right of the options list and click “Delete.” That’s it; the video will be gone forever.
TikTok offers the options to hide and delete videos to all its users within the app.
How to make a TikTok video private?
1. Click on the icon of the three points in the lower right corner.
2. Scroll through each option and tap “Privacy Settings.”
3. Choose “Who can watch this video.”
4. Click “Only me” to make the video private.
You also have the “Friends” option at your fingertips, so you can share the content only with those who follow you.
The critical point is that you cannot recover a deleted TikTok video. The only way to recover it is that said video saved in the mobile’s internal storage.
How to delete a TikTok video completely without a trace
When we upload a video to TikTok, we all look forward to it going viral and getting a ton of likes, but it may be that we made a mistake, that now we have figured out how to improve it, or that we are even embarrassed to keep a video on our account.
Now that a bit of time has passed and we visualize it cold. You might want to delete a video from your account for many reasons, from your hairstyle to your look ridiculous to want to delete it when you are sure you violate social network rules.
Related Read: How to crop videos on TikTok?
Delete from Tiktok profile
1. To delete a TikTok video, we will go to our iPhone or Android mobile application profile and click on the clip we want to delete.
2. Once inside the video, it will begin to play usually.
3. We will touch the icon with the three dots and open a new options menu.
4. We usually use it to share the publication, but we will touch the ‘ Delete ‘ option in this case.
5. Then, an extra dialogue will appear in which you must confirm the process again.
Unlike Instagram, TikTok has no trash can, so anything you delete is forever lost, and there’s no way to restore it. However, whenever you upload a video to TikTok, a copy is stored locally on your mobile device.
Related Read: Best time to post on TikTok
Delete the original file
You do not have to delete that copy since you usually want to delete the publication from the social network. However, you can also do this process by doing the following steps :
- Open the image gallery app on your mobile device. On iOS, it’s Photos; on Android phones, it can be either Gallery, Photos, or Google Photos.
- Locate the video that has been stored on your mobile. It will typically be located in the ‘Camera’ folder.
- Touch the trash can icon or the three dots menu depending on your application, and then ‘ Delete. ‘
- Confirm that you are going to delete the video.
- Now, everything will depend on whether or not your gallery app has a recycle bin. Many mobiles do. Go back and look for any section in the app called ‘Trash,’ ‘Recently Deleted,’ or ‘Recently Deleted.’ Enter, check if you want to recover something from what is inside, and once you are clear, empty the trash to permanently delete your video.