A Complete SEO Guide for New WordPress Website
Millions, if not billions of websites are currently active in the present day. No matter what business you start, it will probably have competition in terms of Search Engine Optimization.
Thankfully, optimizing a WordPress website for SEO isn’t difficult. That said, it needs the correct knowledge to nail your competition.
So, how do you properly optimize your WordPress website for SEO? What bases do you need to cover?
Find all answers in this article.
3 Important SEO Aspects in a WordPress Website
It refers to optimizing your website’s posts and pages for the user and search engines. If you are using a WordPress platform, there can be many ways to ensure your on-page optimization efforts are on point.
Let’s look at how you can use various WordPress aspects to level up your on-page optimization game.
A. Using the right plugins
Like furniture enhances a home’s functionality, plugins are add-ons that you can use in your WordPress website to improve its functionality.
Consider installing these plugins:
- Yoast SEO: This plugin helps you in proper keyword sprinkling and image optimization. It also tells you how SEO-friendly your content is and what you can do to improve it. You can also create meta titles and meta descriptions using this plugin.
- Jetpack: Your website’s SEO efforts will be hampered if its web pages do not load quickly. The Jetpack plugin ensures fast web page speeds by adequately optimizing the images and other website elements with large sizes (greater than 500kb).
- Elementor: They say when you optimize your website for search engines, you also have to optimize it for people. We agree. Elementor is a page builder that lets you make your website visually attractive and makes people stay on your web pages. The longer a web visitor stays on your website, the more its ranking will improve.
Note: Do not use too many plugins or elements. They will increase the size of the web page and affect its loading speed.
B. Using Schema Optimized Theme
A theme is a website’s skeleton and provides structure to it. Using a lightweight theme like Astra or GeneratePress can reduce the overall size of your website. Moreover, these themes are schema optimized and come with many SEO-friendly elements that help in your on-page efforts.
As the name suggests, these SEO efforts are done “off the website.”
Understand that a website’s credibility (or domain authority as per MOZ) is one of the biggest factors in its web page and post rankings.
There is no website credibility standard specified by search engines. However, “domain authority” by MOZ is considered an industry standard. It assigns a website’s authority on a scale of 1-100, where 1 being a brand new website and 100 being an extremely authoritative website.
You need to register your website’s domain name in various places online like forums (Reddit and Quora), social bookmarking pages, and web 2.0 pages to get a link from them (called a backlink). It serves as a vote to a search engine advocating that your website is credible and deserves to rank higher in search results.
There are two types of backlinks:
- No-follow backlinks: These links do not allow link juice to flow from the source to your website. These help build your website credibility, but not as much as the next backlink type.
- Do-follow backlinks: These hold high weightage in terms of building website credibility.
Instruct your backlink expert to focus on a mix of these backlink types and not only chase a single backlink type. Google prefers to rank websites that have a mixed backlink portfolio. Therefore, it is essential for a webmaster to ensure that the backlinks are relevant and natural to save any penalty. The process of analyzing the quality of backlinks wasn’t a simple task earlier. However, the advent of advanced online utilities like backlink checker tools provides you with a great opportunity to know the relevance and credibility of your backlinks. The best part of using an online facility is that you don’t need to make any manual effort at all. By submitting a site’s URL on the backlink checker tool, you can find all the backlinks connecting to it in a few seconds.
3. Technical SEO
Like a car needs an engine to start and run, you need to address certain technicalities in your website. These include:
- Robots.txt: Tells a search engine which pages to access your website and which pages not to index.
- Sitemaps: Gives a proper navigation path to search engines so that they can understand your website better.
- Canonical tags: These distinguish duplicate web pages from original ones to avoid confusion in search engines as to which web page to index and rank.
A well-formulated SEO strategy is a key to your website’s success. Consider consulting search engine optimization Frederick MD if you think SEO might not be your cup of tea.
EntertainmentTechHealthMangagoProject Free TVJio RockersAugust 27 ZodiacAugust 26 ZodiacBest Hindi Movies on Amazon PrimeNew iPhone 13Vivo Y53s ReviewEye ShapesM4uHDFever DreamMoon waterOppo Reno 6 Pro ReviewiPhone HeadphonesBest gaming desksSpanish Moviesip dipsM4ufreeCCleaner Browser reviewAvocado CaloriesBear Grylls net worthRihanna net worth 2021Highest Paid CEOThe 100 season 8Sundar Pichai net worthGrimes net worthF95ZoneMicrosoft Office SuiteHow to Share Netflix Accounthow to change Twitch nameThe Last Airbender 2Sherlock Season 5Homeland Season 9Now you see meSalvation season 3