A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Make a Reel on Facebook
Listen to the Podcast:
Facebook Reels are short videos, up to 90 seconds, in a vertical format that you can view on your Reels page or the main Facebook feed. Meta is rolling out Reels globally to all users of Facebook’s iOS and Android apps in more than 150 countries. Here’s everything you need how to make a reel on Facebook.
What are Facebook Reels?
Often described as a TikTok clone, Reels debuted on Instagram last year.
Facebook didn’t start rolling out Reels until 2021 and was limited to the United States. In 2022, Facebook launched Reels globally. (Note that Meta, which owns Facebook, also owns Instagram.)
In any case, with Reels, you can edit quick videos, add music or use the audio from someone else’s video. Reels can be recorded in a series of clips or all at once, using videos uploaded from your phone’s photo library or uploading new videos during the creation process. You can also “remix” other people’s videos (make a duet with them) and upload clips up to 60 seconds long. You can also save drafts, and Meta is adding even more snipping tools in 2023.
Other: How to Get TikTok Followers?
TikTok, which helped popularize short video content, offers all these possibilities. But unlike TikTok, you don’t have to download anything else to use Reels. Just open Facebook or Instagram.
This is how Facebook describes Reels:
“Facebook Reels is a new way to create short, entertaining videos, get discovered by new audiences, and become part of cultural moments on Facebook. You can add effects and music to your reel, or use your own original audio, allowing you to bring your videos to life. your ideas and share them with your audience. The Reels you create will appear in places like the Facebook Feed, the Reels section of Facebook, or your Reels profile.”
To create a Facebook Reel, follow these steps:
- Tap Create in the Reels section of the Feed
- Or tap the camera icon in the top right corner when viewing a roll.
2. Add a video to your reel:
- Tap the record button to add a new video.
- Tap the photo icon in the left corner to add video clips to your camera roll.
3. Add audio, text, effects, subtitles, or a timer to your reel.
- Touch their respective icons on the right side of the screen.
4. Tap Next when you’re done.
5. Write a description for your reel.
6. Choose an audience.
- The reels are public by default. (See notes below for more details.)
7. Tap Share Reel to post your reel.
- The description will appear on your Reels profile, where people can find any reels you’ve shared.
If you’re 18 or older, Reels on Facebook are set to public, but you can change the audience for each reel. Your friends can also see your reels in areas like the Facebook feed.
Where do the reels appear on Facebook?
For now, on Facebook, the Reels you create will appear in places like the Facebook Feed, the Reels section of Facebook, or your Reels profile.
But Meta said that starting in February 2022, users can share Reels in more places on Facebook, including in Stories and the platform’s Watch tab.