Delete Your Pinterest Account: Everything You Need to Know in 2023
Listen to the Podcast:
People have found on the internet a place full of possibilities. From information to socializing and meeting people are part of the things that can be carried out within the network, social networks being a place that masterfully combines both aspects. Learn how to delete Pinterest account in 2023.
It is halfway between the social network and the microblogging platform, which gives it versatility and a relatively high number of functions. Even so, users may decide to unsubscribe. They do not like it because they have gotten bored with what it offers or do not fit with its philosophy, even having several accounts and wanting to focus on just one to enhance it.
Delete your Pinterest account from the Pinterest web
- Open the Pinterest page and sign in with the account you want to close.
- Open the tab at the top right and select ‘Settings.’
- In ‘Settings,’ tap on ‘Account settings.’
- Scroll down to ‘Delete account.’ Click on the button and follow the Pinterest instructions.
- The social network will send you an email where you have to follow the instructions to close your account.
How to delete Pinterest account from the android app
- Go to the Pinterest mobile app and check that you are with the account you want to delete.
- Go to ‘Settings’ or ‘Settings’ by tapping on your profile photo, where you will see a nut icon.
- Click ‘Account settings’ and scroll down to ‘Close account.’
- Click on this option and choose the email associated with the Pinterest account you want to delete to close it permanently.
Delete your Pinterest account from the iOS app
- Open the Pinterest app on iOS.
- Go to Account Settings by tapping the profile picture and the cog icon.
- Click on Delete account, where Pinterest will ask you why to close the profile and touch Next and Send an email.
- Pinterest will send you a message giving you the instructions you need to delete your account.
- Follow the steps on the platform, and that’s it!
What happens if you delete your Pinterest account?
Deleting your account from any social network is critical, and it would not be less on Pinterest.
Here we tell you what happens if you take this step in addition to not having access to your account.
- You lose all the content that you had uploaded or saved, and you will not be able to recover it. That is, you will have to say goodbye to the pins and the boards that you have.
- If you have a business account and have created advertising campaigns, contact the Pinterest team to help you with the final closure.
- In addition, until you have advertising invoices up to date, you will not be able to continue with the closing of the profile.
- When you delete your Pinterest account, the social network immediately deactivates your profile, but your account remains active for 14 days. You can recover it by logging in with your username and password.
Deactivating Pinterest account: the process
Would you instead take a break from Pinterest than delete it permanently? You have this option on the social network.
It’s simple, you have to follow the steps as if you were going to delete it, but you have to click on the ‘Deactivate account’ option.
Now, this also brings its consequences on your Pinterest account:
- The boards, pins, and content you shared on your profile will no longer be visible to other users.
- This option to deactivate the account is available in personal and business accounts.
- If you deactivate your account, the username will not be available to other users, even to you, if you open another account.
- To reactivate your Pinterest account and return to your usual activity, you have to log in with your credentials, and that’s it.