How to Change Your Twitch Username or Display Name: 3 Major Drawbacks Included
Listen to the Podcast:
Twitch is a well-known streaming platform among gamers all over the world. With 15 million users interacting daily, Twitch is the biggest live-stream gaming platform. Most gamers have Twitch accounts. However, changing the Twitch username on existing accounts may seem complicated. So, many users often create a new account with a desired username. But did you know you can easily change your Twitch username in a few simple steps? This article will show how you can change your Twitch username.
How to Change Your Twitch Name from Desktop:
Twitch’s website and desktop app have the same interface. So the steps are the same if you want to change your Twitch username or display name.
- Go to the Twitch website.
2. You need to log in to your Twitch account.
3. After logging in, click on your profile icon (top right of the screen)
4. A dropdown will appear. Click Settings.
5. From Settings, click the Profile tab. Go to the Profile Settings section.
6. On the Username field, click on the pencil icon (it should be right on your username field)
7. A pop-up will appear. Insert your desired username and click the Update button.
8. You may require to enter your Twitch account password. Then save it.
To change your display name, follow 1-5 steps, click on the Display Name field, and then insert your desired name. Then save the changes.
If you change your Twitch username, your profile URL will also change. So you have to let people know about your new profile URL and manually update all the links. You will also need a verified email address on your Twitch account to change your username.
How to Change Your Twitch Name from Mobile:
You should follow these steps from the Twitch app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone to change your username or screen name:
- Open the Twitch app from your Android or iOS device.
2. Log in to your account.
3. Click on your profile icon and go to Account Settings.
4. A settings page will appear. Click on Account.
5. Next, click on the Edit Profile tab. To change your username, click on the Username field. To change your display name, click on the Display Name field.
6. The “Change Username” prompt will appear if you change your username. For changing the display name “Change Display Name” prompt will appear. Click on that and save the changes.
You can only change your Twitch name every 60 days. So consider carefully which username is right for you. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait about two months between attempts.
Following the above methods, you can change your Twitch username or display name in no time.
Related Twitch Article: 15 Best Ways to Fix Twitch Error
Some Drawbacks of Changing Your Twitch Username:
- If you are a Twitch partner, your earnings will not be affected, but advertising earnings on the day of the name change may be delayed.
- Changing your username will not remove you from the channel, community timeouts, or bans.
- Your old username will be taken over and made available to other users after about six months.
Read More: How to Change Reddit Username in 2023