How to Authorize Your MacBook for Apple TV? [2023 Updated]
Listen to the Podcast:
Do you need to get a snap of photos from your phone to the big screen of the TV? If you have an iPhone, iPad or Mac and want to display your content on a big screen, the first question is how to authorize MacBook for Apple TV. We have created a solution. Introducing AirPlay will help you display your streaming from Mac to Apple TV.
However, Apple TV allows you to stream your content while both devices are connected to the same network. You can quickly discover your content and favorites. You can enjoy your content on a bigger screen. This article will show how to authorize MacBook for Apple TV.
How to Authorize MacBook for Apple TV?
Wondering how to authorize Apple TV on Mac? You can authorize Apple TV. You have to follow the following steps:
- Open the Apple TV app
- Make sure you have Apple ID and you are logged in
- In the menu bar, choose the account
- Choose account>Authorizations>Authorize this computer.
- Sign in with your Apple ID
- Click Authorize
I Can’t Connect Apple TV to Mac: Why?
Many users have connection issues when connecting their Mac to Apple TV. So it could be because both devices are not connecting to the same network or if the AirPlay option is enabled. Here are some suggestions:
- Ensure your Mac and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure AirPlay is enabled.
- AirPlay does not have any link to any other device.
- Restart your Mac and Apple TV.
- Reboot your router.
How to Connect Apple TV with Mac?
You can connect Apple TV to Mac using AirPlay. AirPlay allows you to mirror your content to your TV wirelessly.
- Select AirPlay in the menu bar
- Choose Apple TV in the options under AirPlay a
- Open the control center and select screen mirroring. Then choose the device.
- Mac will start screen sharing
Interesting Article: MacBook Air 2022 Review
How to Use Apple TV to Play Library Videos on Mac?
In the Apple TV App Library, you can add your playlists of movies and TV shows to a list.
- On your Mac, go to the Apple TV app
- Click on the library
- Now, click on any category to browse
Apple TV Won’t Play Library Videos on Mac: Quick Fix
The Apple TV app sometimes has old bugs that suggest content based on your previous opinions. However, Apple TV might cause issues that could be resolved by following these tips.
Update Your Mac
- Open system preferences
- Click on the software update
- Click Update Now
- After finishing, restart your Mac
After these steps, you should return to the library tab and play your videos again.
Related Read: How to Clean MacBook Screen [A Step By Step Guide]
Reset the Apple TV App
If the issue still isn’t resolved, you can try to reset the Apple TV app by these steps:
- Launch the Apple TV app
- choose preferences
- Click on the advanced icon
- Click Reset Warnings
- Click Reset cache and clear playback history
- Click OK
It will solve your problem; you can see the videos in your library.
How to Watch Apple TV Offline on Mac?
When you know you won’t have an internet connection, you can watch Apple TV offline on Mac. You can later download the videos to the cloud or iTunes to manage your content. You can download your favorite movies or TV shows to Apple TV.
- Open the Apple TV app on your device
- Search for a movie you want to download
- Click the Download button (cloud icon will appear for each download)
Frequently Asked Questions
Below we have compiled some commonly asked questions on how to authorize your MacBook for Apple TV.
How to get Apple TV+ for free?
Apple TV+ lets you stream TV shows and movies. You can get a free trial on Apple TV+ for three months.
- On your Mac or any Apple device
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Go to the Apple TV app and select the three-month free offer
How to mirror a project on a Mac?
However, if you want to stream content from your Mac, you can use AirPlay.
- In the menu bar, select AirPlay
- Select the device to which you want to connect
- Click Mirror Built-in Screen
- Click Mirror Apple TV
- Your Mac will start screen mirroring.
Or you can go to the control center icon in the menu bar and click on the screen mirror. Then select the device you want to connect.
How to sync my Mac with Apple TV?
- Open the Apple TV website on your Mac
- Sign in with your Apple ID
- Connect Apple TV to your Mac
- In Finder on your macSelect the device in the Finder sidebar
- Select a movie or TV show to watch on Apple TV+
- Click Sync TV programs on (device name)
To Read Our Exclusive Content, Sign up Now.