How Quickly Can You Get Married in Seychelles?
Seychelles is in the middle of the Indian Ocean and home to 115 Islands, one of the romantic locations for your wedding spend your memorable honeymoon on your island – with white sand beaches, clear turquoise water, palm trees, and perfectly tropical weather.
Some of the famous Islands in Seychelles are Mahè, Cref, Praslin, and La Digue Islands, it’s best to book prior and get the help of professional wedding planners to get married quickly and this article would help you to understand how long and the legal requirements to get married in Seychelles.
Legal Requirements for getting married in Seychelles:
Both bride and groom must be aged 18 years and older, if anyone is younger than 18 years of age parental/guardian consent is a must.
- Required documents – Birth certificates, Passports (with photos), divorce decree, and death certificate of your former spouse if applicable.
- Except for passports, all the documents must be either in English or French.
- You need to provide 11 days prior notice to the respective office/court to get married.
- If you had your name changed, proofs must be attested.
- Marriages in Seychelles are conducted by registered officials in French or English.
- Two witnesses must be physically present and need to provide their ID and sign at the end of the wedding.
- The legal cost
- It is free of cost for the citizens of Seychelles at the Civil Status Office.
- For citizens – out of the Civil Status Office, that is Mahè, Praslin, and La Digue Island you need to pay 1500 SCR.
- If both are foreigners getting married in Mahè, Praslin, and La Digue, you need to pay 3000 SCR, and outside of those locations, it would cost around 4000 SCR.
You would receive your marriage license anywhere between 2-7 days depending on your nationality and the procedures. If you are from the US, Canada, UK, and EU it is very simple. You just have to submit a marriage certificate with the apostille required and you will get it in 1-2 days.
Moreover; if you are a citizen of UAE you can travel without a VISA, you need to provide additional proof and double verification and that would get you around 5-7 working days to receive your marriage civil status.