Rohit Sharma Net Worth, Biography, Age, Career and Salary in 2023
Listen to Podcast:
Rohit Sharma net worth is estimated at $24 million as of 2023. Rohit Sharma is an Indian international cricketer. He is most renowned for being one of India’s top cricket players.
Rohit Sharma was born in April 1987 in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. He hits with his right hand. Sharma has been a member of India’s national team since 2007 and now serves as the squad’s vice-captain. He joined the Mumbai team in 2006/07 and later played for the Deacon Chargers from 2008 to 2010. In 2011, Sharma joined the Mumbai Indians of the Indian Premier League.
He is a right-arm off-break bowler on occasion. Rohit Sharma is the first cricketer in history to have three ODI double-hundred-point performances. In 2020, the International Cricket Council honored him ODI Cricketer of the Year. He is also an animal rights activist, serving as the official Rhino Ambassador for WWF-India and a member of PETA.
We are talking here about Rohit Sharma net worth, biography, age, wife, height, expensive car collection and also more details about his career.
READ MORE: R’Bonney Gabriel Net Worth, Age, Height, Boyfriend
Rohit Sharma Personal Info
|Full Name||Rohit Gurunath Sharma|
|Born||April 30, 1987 Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra|
|Age||35 Years, 8 Months, 19 Days|
|Batting Style||Right Handed|
Rohit Gurunath Sharma Family
Sharma is from the Indian state of Maharashtra. Gurunath Sharma is his father’s name; he worked as a caretaker for a transportation company. Purnima Sharma is his mother’s name. Vishal Sharma, his younger brother, is his only sibling. He adheres to the Hindu faith.
He is currently residing in Mumbai’s Ahuja Towers. He also enjoys playing table tennis. He enjoys watching movies, playing video games, and traveling. Rohit formerly dated actress Sofia Hayat. In 2015, he married sports manager Ritika Sajdeh. The couple was blessed with a daughter named Samaira in 2018. In his career life, Rohit Sharma net worth has gone up to $24 million as of 2023.
Rohit Sharma Wife
Rohit Sharma is married to Ritika Sajdeh. She was born to Bobby and Tina Sajdeh on December 21, 1987. Kunal Sajdeh, her brother, is a manager at IMG Reliance. Ritika worked as a sports manager for her cousin’s company, Cornerstone Sport and Entertainment, when she was done with school. Ritika met Rohit Sharma at a Reebok shoot in 2008. Yuvraj Singh, who was her “Rakhi Brother”, had set them up. After knowing each other for a while, Sharma and Ritika started dating in 2009.
Rohit Sharma Net Worth as of 2023
|Rohit Sharma Net Worth||$24 million|
|Net Worth in Rupees||INR 180 crore|
|Source of Income||Salary, Match fees, Investment and Brand Endorsements|
The current Indian captain earns most of his money from the IPL contract and his remuneration from the BCCI. He is also one of the most well-known figures in the nation for brand endorsements.
Rohit Sharma Salary
At the moment, Rohit Sharma has an A+ category contract with the BCCI. The top cricket organization pays him INR 7 crore a year for his services. He was paid INR 16 crore to coach Mumbai Indians in the IPL (Indian Premier League) in 2022, in addition. It is estimated that Rohit Sharma net worth is now about $24 million or INR 180 crore.
Rohit Sharma IPL Salary 2023
Rohit Sharma has earned Rs. 16,00,00,000 as he was retained.
IPL Salary in 5 Years
Rohit Sharma Annual Income
The annual income of Rohit Sharma is around Rs. 30 Crores. Rohit’s income is Rs. 7 crores from brand endorsement itself.
Rohit Sharma’s Cricket Journey
- Dinesh Lad coached Rohit at Swami Vivekanand International School in Mumbai early in his career. He did not charge Rohit any tutoring fees.
- Rohit was an off-spinner bowler before becoming an opener batsman, which is rather shocking.
- Coach Dinesh Lad, on the other hand, spotted his hitting ability and elevated him to begin the innings. Rohit was a standout performer in the Harris and Giles Shield school cricket tournaments, scoring a century on debut as an opener.
- After a long absence, he bowled two overs of off spin against England in the first test in 2021.
Rohit Sharma Domestic Career
- In March 2005, Rohit made his List A debut for West Zone against Central Zone in Deodhar Trophy.
- In the same competition, Sharma batted undefeated for 142 runs in 123 balls against North Zone in Udaipur. This offered Sharma the opportunity to represent India A against Australia in Abu Dhabi.
- Sharma was also named to the 30-man squad for the next ICC Champions Trophy event, but he was not selected.
- In July 2006, Sharma made his India A debut against New Zealand A in a first-class match at Darwin.
- Months later, Rohit made his Ranji Trophy debut for Mumbai in the 2006-07 season, and was a member of the Mumbai side that won.
- Sharma has spent his whole domestic career with Mumbai’s Ranji Trophy team.
- Following the retirement of Ajith Agarkar, Rohit was named team captain for the 2013-14 season.
Rohit Sharma’s International Career (ODI)
- On June 23, 2007, Rohit Sharma received his maiden ODI call-up against Ireland. Despite the fact that he did not bat, India won the match by 8 wickets.
- Rohit Sharma used to bat in the middle order at this time. Sharma was unable to perform well when he finally got a chance to bat against South Africa, as he was out at 8.
- In November 2007, Sharma got his first half-century against Pakistan, followed by 39* against Australia and 70* against Sri Lanka in February 2008.
- His triple century in the Ranji Trophy in 2009 guaranteed his recall to the ODI squad in 2010.
- This time, Sharma capitalized on his opportunity, scoring his first ODI century (114) against Zimbabwe, followed by another century (101*) against Sri Lanka.
Here we discussed Rohit Sharma’s career life and found some important information about Rohit Sharma net worth, birthday, and other details about him.
T20 International Career
- When it comes to T20 cricket, there isn’t a more complete opener than Rohit Sharma.
- Rohit made his T20 debut for India against England in the 2007 ICC World T20 Championships but did not bat.
- He did, however, have a chance against South Africa in his second match and seized it with both hands.
- As India won by 37 runs, Rohit played and produced an undefeated 50.
- Sharma made a brief appearance towards the end of India’s semi-final match against Australia, scoring 8* off 5 balls as India won by 15 runs.
- In the finals, Rohit made another late appearance and contributed 30* from 15 balls.
- India won the final by a score of 5 runs. In 2007, Sharma was mostly deployed as a middle-order batsman, usually at number 7 or 8.
- However, as captain, MS Dhoni has upped the order to open the innings. This adjustment impacted not only his T20 career, but also his ODI career.
Rohit Sharma as ODI Captain
- After Virat Kohli stood down as T20I captain on December 8, 2021, the BCCI announced Rohit Sharma as the new skipper of the Indian white-ball cricket squad.
- Rohit Sharma was slated to lead the side in a three-match ODI series during India’s trip of South Africa in 2021-22, however due to an injury, KL Rahul has been appointed as India’s ODI skipper.
- Rohit Sharma leads the Indian cricket team for the first time as full-time captain in the India vs. West Indies 1st ODI match at Ahmedabad on February 6, 2022. This is also India’s 1000th One-Day International.
Since he started domestic and international records, Rohit Sharma net worth peaked at about $24 million.
Rohit Sharma Awards
- CEAT Cricketer of the Year from India (2016)
- Arjuna Award (2015)
- Dilip Sardesai Award for the Year’s Best Indian Cricketer (2012-13)
- BCCI Special Award for setting the ODI world record of 264 (2014)
- ICC One-Day International Team of the Year: 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Indian Sports Honours awarded the Sportsman of the Year award to Rohit Sharma. (Year – 2019)
- In 2020, Rohit Sharma received India’s highest sports distinction, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- Winner of the Golden Bat for scoring the most runs in the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup.
Rohit Sharma Records and Achievements
- Sharma has the best individual ODI score with a total of 264 points.
- In ODIs, Rohit Sharma has 28 hundreds. He is only ahead of Virat Kohli and Sachin Tendulkar among Indians.
- He is the only batsman in the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup to have five hundreds.
- Rohit has the distinction of being the only player to score a century with a six in all three forms.
- In one ODI game, Sharma has hit the most fours (33) ever.
- He has surpassed the previous ODI record for most runs scored from fours and sixes. He has used boundaries to score 186 runs. Shane Watson previously held this record.
- With 16 sixes, Rohit has the second-most ODI sixes of any player.
- The only player with eight 150-plus ODI scores is Sharma.
- He is the fastest Indian opener to 4,000 ODI runs and the second-fastest opening in the entire world. He need 83 innings.
- The second-fastest opener in the world and the first Indian opener to surpass 5000 ODI runs, Rohit Sharma is both. He used up 102 innings.
- Rohit is the second player in a World Cup to score three straight hundreds.
- He shares the World Cup record for most century (six) with Sachin.
- Sharma has 8944 runs, which is tied for the most in T20I.
- The only player with four hundreds in T20Is is Rohit.
- Sharma has 120 sixes, which is the most in T20s.
- After Suresh Raina, he is the second Indian to have scored at least a century in each of the three international forms.
- The only Indian skipper to score a T20I century is Rohit Sharma.
- He also owns the T20 record for opening batsmen with the most half-centuries, with 19.
- In 2019’s international cricket, Rohit amassed 2442 runs. He exceeded Sanath Jayasuriya’s 1997 total of 2387 runs for Sri Lanka.
- He has appeared in 100 T20 international matches, making him the first Indian and second player overall.
- Third Indian to win his first two test matches with two straight century.
View this post on Instagram
Rohit Sharma Brand Endorsements
The right-handed batter has racked up countless corporate endorsements because to his enormous global fan base. At the moment, he supports 24 different companies, ranging from consumer products to IT, fitness, finance, and lifestyle. The Hitman presently promotes products like Maggi, Lays, Nissan, Ceat, Aristocrat, Adidas, Relispray, Nasivion Nasal Spray, Restless Energy Drink, Oppo, Highlanders, Hublot, Videocon D2H, and Jio.
Rohit Sharma Car Collection
Rohit Sharma net worth was over $24 million as of 2023. So, definitely he has bought some of the most expensive cars in his life. The Indian opener’s garage is home to a sizable collection of parked automobiles. He is the owner of numerous high-end vehicles, including the Lamborghini Urus, valued INR 3.15 crore, the Range Rover Autobiography, the BMW X5, the BMW 7 series, and the Mercedes GL350 CDI.
Rohit Sharma House and Properties
In Mumbai’s Worli neighborhood, Rohit Sharma owns an opulent apartment. The apartment has four bedrooms and is 6000 square feet in size. This apartment is found on Ahuja Towers’ 29th level. It offers a stunning view of the Arabian Sea. He owns numerous real estate properties in India, including this apartment, which is valued at $30 Crores. Thus, he owns an expensive house after his achievement of Rohit Sharma net worth that rised to $24 million as of 2023.
Rohit Sharma Charity
The charitable endeavors of Rohit Sharma have frequently come up in conversation. Since 2012, the captain has assisted in the cancer treatment of disadvantaged children. During the first wave of the worldwide coronavirus pandemic [COVID-19], he contributed a total of INR 80 Lakh to the coronavirus relief money.
Rohit has a relationship with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), and he frequently expresses his support for the rights of animals. He is very outspoken about the suffering of marine life and the harmful impact that plastics have on it. He may be spotted taking part in beach cleaning campaigns in Mumbai beaches to demonstrate his support. He supports rhinos and is a WWF-India official rhino ambassador. He also started his own campaign, “Rohit Rhinos,” to raise awareness of rhinoceroses. Additionally, he discusses stray animals and works to shelter them in India.
ALSO READ: Achievements of Sachin Tendulkar
Rohit Social Media Accounts
Rohit has several social media accounts, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. The Indian cricketer has millions of followers on social media networks. Rohit updates his supporters with images and videos of the tournament matches.
Rohit has 25.9 m followers on Instagram. Keep publishing photos and videos on accounts. He also sends photos to his daughter and wife. He keeps his fans up to speed on competitions and any advertisements he is filming.
Rohit Sharma Age
Rohit Sharma was born in Maharashtra on April 30, 1987. He is the right-handed leadoff batter. Rohit made his international debut in Belfast against Island. First interest series he played against West Indies in Kolkata.
The number on Rohit’s jersey is 45. He has a more tranquil disposition than our former skipper. He holds a number of records. His age is 34, and he was born in Nagpur. He has the solar sign Taurus.
Rohit Sharma Height
Rohit Sharma Height is approximately 1.74 meters tall, or 5 feet and 9 inches tall. Rohit weighs 72 kg. His eyes are dark brown, and his hair is black.
Rohit attended Mumbai’s Swami Vivekananda International School and Junior College. Afterward, he enrolled at Our Lady of Vailankanni High School in Mumbai. Rohit has not earned a bachelor’s degree.
Stats of Rohit Sharma
Let’s find out some of the achievements of the Indian Cricket Team captain. This has been possible only for him due to Rohit Sharma net worth of $24 million.
- Individually, the cricketer has the highest scores in ODI matches.
- Rohit is the first player to score two double century against Australia in one-day internationals.
- With 171 runs, he holds the record for the greatest score by a visiting batsman.
- He is the third player after Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni to score over a thousand runs in ODIs and against Australia.
- In his first test match as an opener in 2019, he scored two centuries against South Africa.
- In 2005, he scored 142 runs in 123 balls against North Zone in Udaipur without being defeated.
Rohit is unstoppable and exerting tremendous effort to withstand the pressure and score effectively on the field. He has further accomplishments and records to his credit. We have enumerated a few of them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Rohit Sharma Net Worth
1. How much does Rohit Sharma have in the bank?
Rohit Sharma net worth is approximately $24 million as of 2023, or 180 crores INR.
2. What brands and companies did Rohit Sharma promote?
His biggest sponsors are Jio, Ceat Tyres, Hubolt watches, Adidas, Rasna, Relispray, Nasivion Nasal Spray, Trusox, SHARP Electronics, Maggi, Lays, Nissan, CEAT, Aristocrat, Highlanders, Hubolt, Restless Energy Drink, Oppo, and Dream 11.
3. How much money does Rohit Sharma make in a year?
Answer: Rohit makes Rs. 10 Crore a year.
4. How much is Rohit Sharma’s house worth?
An apartment Rohit owns in Worli, Mumbai, is worth 30 Crores.
5. What cars and bikes does Rohit Sharma have?
Ans: Skoda Laura, Fortuner, BMW X3, BMW M5, Nissan, Audi, Mercedes, Lamborghini, Japanese cars and Suzuki Hayabusa.
To Read Our Exclusive Content, Sign up Now.