There are almost 2 million applications available on the IOS platform, and on the Google Play platform, the number of applications has exceeded 2.5 million. If we add PC applications to this number, then we get a voluminous market for a motley software for work, entertainment, and simply meet the needs of life.
Regardless of the scale and complexity, each application goes through a testing phase. Software platforms will not list software for sale without test results. It is beneficial for companies to provide a proven and high-quality service with which customers will not have any difficulties. In this concept, testing is the most important stage of development, because only after the release of testing can one clearly determine the viability of the software product.
What is on-demand testing?
On-demand testing can be applied both to local development chains and to a ready-made solution. At the same time, the client himself determines the areas for testing the system and decides the feasibility of complex or spot testing. In simple words, on-demand testing is the process of testing only at pre-agreed stages of production at a time when it is really needed. Today outsourcing testing services are very popular.
Detailed testing allows you to stabilize the production cycle and identify bugs in the early stages, before the final release. On-demand testing plays an important role in complex projects where small bugs can be missed as a result of automated testing.
Varieties of testing on demand?
The range of on-demand testing types corresponds to traditional testing and is divided into two conditional types: functional and direct.
- Functional. Based on the wording of the name, it is about testing the functions of the application. Or, in simple terms, testing is aimed at measuring the compliance of the program’s objective functions with respect to the purpose of the software.
- Direct or general. Software product testing in terms of typical aspects: performance, reliability, stability, and usability. It is worth noting that these criteria will in any case be studied by the site where the software will be placed, and in case of non-compliance with the requirements, the owner of the program will not be able to place the application.
- Manual testing. This method assumes not only the absence of automated systems. This is, first of all, scanning the application from the point of view of the end-user. In many cases, errors can be identified during operation. During manual scanning, not only the operator or system takes part, but also the selected focus group of users who are purposefully tasked with finding bugs. In terms of quality, the manual method is significantly better, as it is based on the work of real users.
- Testing with automated systems. A simple and easy way to check your application for errors. By the way, automated testing is cheaper and requires minimal operator involvement. Automated processes are directed to selected sections of work cycles, while the developer can independently set the complexity of the settings and scan the system taking into account the entered parameters.
Technically, testing does not require programming knowledge. The process is aimed at identifying possible errors and executing the program of the assigned functions. Most often, testing is applied at the last stages of development, but only after the release of the test, the product can be released to the mass market.
What are the benefits of on-demand testing?
The main criterion for choosing a tester is the level of experience. It is important to test the product in different programming conditions on different platforms and in different locations. On-demand testing is more flexible and provides a number of benefits:
- Saving. You will need to test the product after all updates, but the base requirements and solution path can be installed once. Technically, the company orders a testing service to fix the stages and technology of work, and in the future can produce tests on its own.
- Flexibility. Custom testing can be ordered during application development and save time on deployment.
- Individuality. In the campaign, the customer can apply tests based on the features of the application and the specificity of the software environment.
For the successful functioning of a software product on the market, a complete absence of errors is required. In reality, most bugs are only visible as a result of real work, but selective testing will minimize errors and minimize the risk of losses.