How to Unarchive Facebook Messenger Chat from a Mobile or Browser?
Listen to the Podcast:
Have you ever archived a Facebook Messenger chat and wanted to know how to unarchive it? Well, in this post, we will explain how to do it. The steps to unarchive a chat in Facebook Messenger from your mobile device are very simple. The same applies if you want to do it on your computer.
How to Unarchive a Chat on Facebook Messenger from your Smartphone?
Whether you do the steps from the browser or the app, the change will be reflected wherever you are logged in. Without further ado, the steps to unarchive a chat on Facebook Messenger from the app are as follows:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app.
- Press the menu button that you will see above and to the left.
- Several options will appear, but you must choose “Archive,” When you enter, you will see the chats you have archived.
- To unarchive the chat, you have to press it with your finger for a few seconds, and a menu will be displayed where you will see an option called “Unarchive,” which you must choose.
- The last thing is to exit the file and return to the main screen. There you will find the chat that you have removed from the archive.
Steps to Unarchive a Facebook Messenger Chat from your Computer
Now that you know how to do it from the Messenger app, we will explain the steps to unarchive a chat from your computer. These steps are just as easy:
- Open Facebook in your computer’s browser.
- Press the Facebook Messenger button, then choose “See all in Messenger” at the bottom right.
- Next, press the menu button with the three points drawn that you can see above and to the left.
- You will see a menu with several options but you must choose “Archived chats.”
- To unarchive a chat, you have to press each chat’s menu button, and several options will appear, including one called “Unarchive Chat.”
Once you have done the last step, you have to go back to the main section of Facebook Messenger, and there you will be able to see the chat that you have unarchived.
An Extra Alternative
Another option you can try is using the Facebook Messenger search engine directly. If you enter the name of the person whose archived chat you want to search, it will automatically appear in the results.
If you want to unarchive it after having located it through a search, send a message to it, and it will be removed from your archive automatically so that you can see it in the main section of Messenger.