Call Tracking Software: Incoming and Outgoing Calls
As you draw callers from multiple traffic sources – web, mobile, TV, and print – you have to know where they came from and how many of them converted. Understanding the customer journey means making improvements across the board, from lead generation to sales to retention, and nothing dissects the caller’s journey better than call tracking software.
Whether you generate calls for internal departments or advertisers, Phonexa’s call tracking software, Call Logic, will grow your bottom line exponentially by optimizing the customer journey at every touchpoint. You will know what ads trigger how many calls, what keywords are most effective, what landing pages and campaigns draw the highest ROI, and more suggestive marketing data. Used in tandem with Phonexa’s LMS Sync product, call tracking software creates a unique lead management system that tracks, distributes, and analyzes every click and call.
Read on to learn how call tracking can grow your business.
What Is Call Tracking?
Call tracking software collects information on the caller using the script embedded into a website or other traffic source. The amount of trackable data largely depends on the caller’s privacy. For example, some callers may refuse to share personal data, provide fake data, or use a VPN to hide their location.
In most cases, call-tracking software collects:
- Caller’s demographics – location, age, gender, employment, education, etc.
- Call parameters – the timestamp and duration of the call, essential keywords, whether the call is new or recurring, whether the call converted or bounced, etc.
- Call agent metrics: the caller’s impression of the agent, how accurate were the agent’s answers, etc.
Every call is recorded and archived, so you can always refer back to it for clarification or reevaluation.
How Does Call Tracking Work?
1. The caller dials your phone number. As the caller lands on your website, they see a unique phone number – international or local – linking them to the traffic source. Next, the caller dials the number, and your call tracking software connects them to your IVR or sales agent based on the distribution criteria.
You can use international (800), local, toll-free, and vanity phone numbers (for example, 844-PHONEXA). A toll-free vanity number is arguably the best way to generate leads as it’s free and sticks in the caller’s mind.
2. Your IVR collects the caller’s data. As the caller interacts with you IVR, they answer a series of questions – by voice, using the phone’s touchpad, etc. – sharing more personal data before they connect to a relevant live agent. Likewise, many IVR systems can solve requests independently.
3. The caller is distributed to a relevant sales rep. Regardless of whether you use an IVR, the end goal is to connect the caller to the best sales rep and convert them. For that, several distribution methods may apply, including:
- Availability-based: when the first available agent receives the call.
- Location-based: when the closest agent receives the call.
- Performance-based: when the most profitable agent gets the call.
4. The sales rep converts the caller. Ideally, your agents should know who is calling beforehand and why opening the conversation with a ready-made solution to the caller’s requests. This, of course, isn’t possible with every call, but call tracking improves customer service dramatically, making your callers happy and eager to buy.
Last but not least, every call — converted or bounced — unlocks tons of information on the caller, making you closer to understanding your customers.
Is Call Tracking Software Worth It?
Without a doubt, traditional over-the-phone conversations remain the critical aspect of the consumer journey, as most callers are skeptical of newer technologies1, such as, for example, chatbots, eventually switching to traditional calls. In fact, 65% of customers2 would rather make a phone call than contact a business in any other way.
But that’s not all. Call tracking has tremendous value for any call-reliant business, eliminating the guesswork and shortening the path from awareness to conversion. Phone calls convert 30% to 50% of callers3, or up to 15 times more4 than web leads.
Here’s how call-tracking software can grow your business:
- Make your callers happy.
- Automate and scale.
- Increase sales.
- Improve budget management.
- Protect you against fraud.
Integrating call tracking software into your lead management system is not a luxury but a necessity to keep pace with the ever-growing competition in online business. Turnkey solutions like the ones offered by Phonexa bear enormous potential while not costing much money, time, or energy.