World Diabetes Day 2021: 6 Ways How Diabetes can Affect Women’s Health
Diabetes is a category of metabolic illness in which a person has excessive blood sugar due to issues digesting or manufacturing insulin, according to nutritionist Lovneet Batra. Diabetes can strike anyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, or way of life. Diabetes can lead to major health issues such as heart attack or stroke, blindness, pregnancy complications, and kidney failure. However, diabetes affects women differently than it does males.
Loveneet took to Instagram to discuss the symptoms of diabetes in women. “Women have a lower rate of heart attacks than men,” Loveneet explains. When a woman develops diabetes, however, the gender difference narrows significantly: her risk is dramatically enhanced compared to women who do not have diabetes.”
View this post on Instagram
How Does Diabetes Affect Women?
- Diabetes increases the risk of heart disease in women by four times, but just two times in males. In reality, cardiovascular disease kills two-thirds of women with diabetes, and they die younger than women without diabetes.
- Diabetic women under the age of 50 are more susceptible to heart attacks and strokes.
- Because diabetes appears to counteract the protective effects of estrogen on a woman’s heart before menopause, women with diabetes are at an even higher risk of developing heart disease after menopause than those without diabetes.
- Diabetes causes women to have lower levels of HDL (good cholesterol) and higher amounts of triglycerides (fats) in their blood.
- In women with diabetes, urinary tract infections and vaginal yeast infections are more prevalent. Other diabetes-related problems, such as blindness, kidney disease, and depression, are more common in women.
- In women with diabetes, irregular menstrual cycles are common, especially if their blood glucose isn’t adequately controlled.
According to Loveneet, “a number of drugs, lifestyle adjustments, and other therapies can help manage symptoms and enhance overall health.”
Apart from this, you can also read Entertainment, Tech, and Health-related articles here: Twitch Error 2000, Alyson Hannigan, Brent Rivera net worth, Emma Watson net worth, 444 angel number, 666 angel number, 1616 angel number, 777 angel number, 333 angel number, Dave Portnoy net worth, Lionel Messi net worth, Keanu Reeves net worth, The Equalizer 3, The 100 Season 8, Gina Carano net worth, Bruno Mars net worth, KissAnime, Jim Carrey net worth, PDF Drive, Youtbe, Bailey Sarian Net Worth, Bollyshare, Afdah, Moviezwap, Y8, Jalshamoviez, Project Free TV, Kissasian, Mangago, Jio Rockers, M4uHD, Hip dips, M4ufree, NBAstreams XYZ, CCleaner Browser review, Avocado Calories, Bear Grylls net worth, Highest Paid CEO, The 100 season 8, Sundar Pichai net worth, Grimes net worth, and, F95Zone.