We’re integrating how to add music to the Instagram story today. You may now add music to your story that matches any scene and helps you communicate your emotions. Instagram Stories is currently used by 400 million people every day, and we’re delighted to provide additional ways for our community to connect with their friends and followers.
Instagram introduced the ability to share music on Stories in 2018, allowing users to add their favorite songs to photographs and videos. This change provided Instagrammers access to hundreds of songs and the potential to share their tales in a new, musical way.
We’ll go through exactly how to add music to the Instagram story in this article, as well as how to solve any issues that may be preventing you from doing so. If you’re interested also read about the reason you find it hard to get Instagram success
How to Add Music to the Instagram Story?
It makes no difference whether you have an iPhone or an Android handset. The procedure of adding music to Instagram is the same as long as your Instagram app is up to date. This is the way how to add music to the Instagram story.
- To access your “Story,” open the “Instagram app,” then swipe the screen to the right or tap on your profile image in the upper-left corner.
- Continue by adding a narrative, whether it’s a photo or a video.
- At the top of your screen, tap the “sticker icon.“
- Choose the “Music” sticker.
Note: You can go right to the correct one by using the search box at the top.
- Instagram provides recommended songs as well as several categories from which to choose. To add a song to your post or Story, tap on it.
- Adjust the “slider bar” to select which part of the song you want to hear (it can only play for 15 seconds).
- Change the album symbol or replace it with lyrics by tapping on the “song’s thumbnail.”
- When you’re through editing the stickers, tap “Done.“
- By holding down on the icon/lyrics and sliding around, you can move them wherever on the screen.
- Tap “Your Story” in the lower-left corner to share it on Instagram.
When your followers access your Instagram Story, the song you added will play automatically. If they wish to know what song is now playing, they can tap on the title under your name, and the song will open in a new tab.
How to Add Music to Instagram Posts Using Third-Party Apps?
It’s vital to note that Instagram does not allow you to directly add music to your Instagram posts. Music may only be added to Instagram Stories and Reels. Even if you add music to a video on your Story and download it, the song will not be downloaded.
If you want to link a song to a video and post it on Instagram, you must first edit the video. You can add music to your videos using a variety of free video editing applications and programs. When you’re finished, upload the video to your Instagram page. InShot is one of the most feature-rich and user-friendly free video editing programs. You can also use Spotify songs, playlists, and albums.
How to Add Audio/Music to Instagram Posts Using InShot?
- Open the “InShot app,” then select the “Video” option.
- Choose the video to which you wish to add sound from the list.
- In the bottom left corner, press the “MUSIC” button.
- To access the music menu, tap “Tracks.“
- To add a featured track, go to the “FEATURED” tab, then explore and select from categories such as “Vlog,” “Mood,” “Beats,” and so on.
- Tap on the “download icon” or “USE” to add a song to your video after reviewing it.
- Select the “My Music” tab in the navigation menu below the video to add your own music.
- Select any song to preview it, then touch “USE” to add it to your video. Copyright content should be handled with caution.
- To add sound effects, go to the “EFFECTS” page and select a category.
- Tap on “USE” to add an effect track to your video after reviewing it. All of the sounds in the “EFFECTS” category are not copyrighted.
- Tap the “track bar” for the relevant audio title to adjust the timing, fade, or other settings connected with the audio. Simply tap it. White markings will appear on the ends.
- Keep your finger on the starting or end “white marker.” Adjust the start position of the audio track (always starts at the beginning of the track) with respect to the video. You can also change the ending position (always cuts out the remainder). Continue to the next stage for advanced editing. Otherwise, proceed to “Step 16.”
- Tap “EDIT” while the audio track is still chosen (shows white markers).
- Slide the “purple dot markers” (left and right) to clip the audio as desired, such as starting at the 3.7-second mark instead of the beginning and ending the recording at the 19.4-second mark.
As you edit, the preview will continue to play.
- When you’re finished with your fading, volume, and cutting, click the “checkmark.“
- The program returns to the audio editing screen for the track. To preview your changes, click the “play” icon.
- If necessary, you can re-edit the track by touching the “audio’s track bar” again and selecting “EDIT.“
- If you don’t need to re-edit the track, you can add extra “TRACKS,” “EFFECTS,” or “RECORD” your own sounds.
- You can also change the master volume of the video by tapping on “VOLUME.“
- To save all changes, click the “checkmark.“
- When you’re through editing, tap “SAVE” in the upper-right corner.
- Confirm your resolution, framerate, and size, then click “SAVE.“
- A green circled check mark indicates that your audio/video file has been saved. You can (A) view the location details by tapping the checkmark icon, (B) play the video from the thumbnail at the top, or (C) share the video directly to Instagram.
How to Add Music to the Instagram Story With a Sticker?
Since the advent of Instagram’s music feature, multiple formats for adding music to Stories have been released. The Stories sticker, on the other hand, is the most prevalent (and honestly, the simplest) way to add music to your photographs or videos.
How to add a Music Sticker to an Instagram Story?
The procedure for adding a music sticker to your Instagram Story is simple:
- Start the Instagram app.
- At the top-left of your screen, click the Story icon (which looks like your profile image).
- Swipe up to access your Camera Roll and upload your Story, or shoot it with the Story camera.
- Swipe up or press the sticker button at the top of the screen.
- Select the Music option.
- Enter the song title into the search bar, or browse by mood, genre preference, or what’s trending today.
- To add music to your Story, click it.
- Then, in the top-right corner of the page, click Done.
- Move your sticker to the desired location on your Stories.
- At the bottom left of the screen, click the “Your Story” button.
When choosing music for your Story, you can listen to a preview before adding it. Simply press the play button to the right of the song to begin listening.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Reel?
In August of 2020, Instagram launched the “Reels” function. Reels, although being a relatively new option, are one of the simplest ways to upload material on Instagram, including music. Follow the instructions below to add music to a reel.
- Tap the “+” sign in the top right corner of the Instagram home page, then scroll down to “Reels.“
- On the left, click the “Music” icon.
- Select the “music track” that you want to include in the Reel.
- Adjust the “slider” at the bottom of the screen to choose whatever part of the music you want to utilize for the Reel.
Don’t worry if you forgot to add music before recording your Reel. Instagram lets you add music before or after you film the Reel.
How to Edit the Music Sticker in Your Story?
When you add a music sticker to your Story, you’ll notice that you have a few options for editing the song you choose. You can rewind and fast-forward through the song to find the exact clip you want to utilize, but you can also choose:
- The clip’s overall length (up to 15 seconds)
- The music sticker’s color
- The sticker’s size and kind
- Whether the lyrics should be displayed instead of the sticker
- The lyrics’ color and typeface
Here’s How to Edit Your Music Sticker
To add the music sticker to your Story, follow the steps in the preceding section.
- Tap the music sticker to change the icon or enter lyric mode. Swiping left on the icons above the music player will also do the trick.
- To change the color of the music sticker or lyrics, use the color wheel at the top center of the screen.
- Click Done.
- To post it, click the Your Story icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
If you want music on your Instagram Story but don’t want a sticker to be visible, move it off the screen. It will be removed from the Story preview display, but you will still hear the music and see the song title and artist at the top of the screen when it is published.
How to Add Music to the Instagram Story from Apple Music?
Do you enjoy rocking out to Apple Music? There is, however, an easy way to share the song you’re listening to with your followers via Instagram Stories.
Here’s how to add music to the Instagram story:
- Open Apple Music.
- Navigate to the song you wish to share.
- Press the three horizontal dots at the center-right of the screen.
- Select Share.
- Swipe on the apps until you find Instagram (if you don’t see it, press More).
- Allow Instagram to open automatically.
- Press the Your Story button at the bottom-left of the screen.
- It’s important to note that the song won’t play directly on your Stories, but if a user taps on that Story, it will take them to Apple Music, where they can play it.
Why Can’t I Add Music to My Instagram Stories?
When the music sticker originally became available, it was only available in “select nations,” which included Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
The function has now been expanded, with Canada being included in the list in 2020.
Unfortunately, if you are not in one of the countries where the music sticker is available, there isn’t much you can do right now other than wait.
If you live in a nation where the feature is available but does not appear to be working properly, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- You must upgrade your app. Instagram constantly releases new upgrades, so you could be using an older version!
- You’re using a company account. Due to license constraints, business accounts may be limited to royalty-free music rather than more popular selections. Instead, you may create an Instagram creator profile.
- You’re promoting branded content. According to Instagram’s guidelines, branded content advertising should not use GIFs, emojis, music, or more than one sticker.
It’s unclear when other nations will be able to use the music sticker, or if Instagram’s licensing limits for business accounts will alter, but we’ll keep you updated. Additionally, you can also read about threads
Add Music From the Spotify App
Many people don’t know how to add music to Their Instagram stories. You may use the Spotify app to add music to your Instagram story. While listening to a song on Spotify, hit the ellipsis button and select the Share option. Tap Instagram to go to your Instagram story, where your chosen song is shown with its cover image. Text, stickers, and other effects can be added to your tale. Tap the Your Narrative icon to share your story with the song you choose.
Once published, your article will function as a link back to Spotify. To view it, go to Instagram and tap the Your Story icon. Anyone who sees your story can open the Spotify app by tapping Play on Spotify and then Open Spotify.
Add Music From the SoundCloud App
Select a song from the SoundCloud app and choose Share to add it to your Instagram story. Select Instagram Stories to import the song and its associated image.
Once the story is published, it will function as a link back to the SoundCloud song. View the story, then tap Play on SoundCloud, and then Open SoundCloud to access the song in the app.
Pro Tips For Using Instagram Music Stickers
- Use the “Sound On” sticker: It’s a good idea to urge your followers to turn on the sound so they don’t miss out on the wonderful tune you worked so hard to select.
- Familiarize yourself with the music sticker feature: When we try something for the first time, we should always acquaint ourselves with it before putting it into action. Explore the various ways you may include music in your stories, search for your favorite tunes, and master the technique.
- Keep your followers in mind: Use tunes that your followers enjoy and can readily relate to. You will gain more engagement this way.
- Try different ideas: Don’t limit your story themes to conventional music themes. Consider thinking beyond the box. You can get ideas from your competitors and the accounts you follow.
- Find the part of the song that resonates with your Story: You don’t have to use the segment of the song that Instagram suggests; instead, you can tailor it to the needs of your Story.
Do you want to activate dark mode on Instagram? Then read the linked article.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Below we’ll be mentioning some FAQs on – How to Add Music to the Instagram Story
Why am I not able to find songs in the Instagram library?
Instagram has placed restrictions on business accounts commercial use of music. Because of copyright rules and agreements, most corporate accounts can only access royalty-free tracks.
Is there a possibility of Instagram deleting stories with music?
If you use music in your videos that you do not own the right to, Instagram will erase your video. Instagram issues a copyright violation notification for any unauthorized use.
Is the music feature on Instagram available worldwide?
No. While music has been launched on Instagram in over 90 countries, it is not yet available in all of them.
Why can’t I add music to my Instagram story?
Instagram may not have included the song you wish to use in your stories. The explanation for this could be that the music is not well-known or is a recent release. So you’ll have to wait a few days to discover if your favorite music is on the list.
How do I enable music on Instagram?
To begin, download the most recent version of the Instagram app for iOS or Android. After that, launch the Instagram Stories camera and snap or submit a photo or video. After that, go to the top of the screen and hit the stickers button to select the music sticker.
Where can I find music on Instagram?
Swipe up after opening Instagram Stories or Reels and taking a photo or video (or uploading one from your camera roll). You will see a display of Instagram stickers for your Stories. Tap on the “Music” sticker. Then, in their search bar, begin looking for your music.
Why can’t I put music on my Insta 2022?
So, use your Wi-Fi to update the Instagram app. Open your Settings, select Wi-Fi, and connect to a network. Enter the password, connect to Wi-Fi, and try to update your app. This will allow you to reactivate Instagram Music!
Sharing music with your social media friends and followers is one of the best ways to interact with others. And, with Instagram Stories, you can broadcast your new favorite songs while discovering new music from people you follow on Instagram. You may also search for music-related hashtags, which is another way to locate new songs to add to your playlist.