A successful business is all about optimizing all of your resources to their best potential and is often built around a solid budget structure. To keep this in check, it is important that a company’s transportation logistics cost is understood and addressed properly. The reason is that freight might result in higher costs for the business across the entire logistics process.
When it comes to planning a profitable corporate budget, lowering transportation logistics expenses is the top priority. While there are many ways to improve transportation costs and improve the supply chain processes, a key component lies in providing a good and reliable customer experience.
This article will take you through six practical ways to optimize your freight logistics cost.
Six ways to decrease fright logistics cost
- Shop online: Paying for online shipping is a great way to save money. When you have an account with DHL Express, DHL’s customer care agents will guide you through the entire process to make your shipment’s journey easy and hassle-free. Our quality and pricing are unbeatable, making the payment of all your bulky or lightweight packages super easy.
- Take into account warehousing services: If you’re sending a large number of items from one port to another, particularly over a long distance, you should keep things closer to your clients and save money on transportation. However, make sure that your warehouse’s operations are secure by being vigilant. Make every effort to avoid costly injuries.
- Consider automatic shipment loading and unloading system: Automatic vessel loading and unloading systems are one of the most effective methods for lowering labor expenses, production costs, avoiding product damage and increasing productivity. Therefore, it is critical to look at ways to save labor costs in warehouse operations, since this helps to lower overall logistics costs. Warehouse work can be managed with the use of labor-management software systems.
- Focus on customer satisfaction: Satisfied and happy customers are key in keeping logistics costs And one of the best cost reduction techniques in the supply chain process is to exceed your customers’ expectations.
- Improve storage density by optimizing the available storage space: Unnecessary spaces must be identified and eliminated to increase the storage density. Increasing storage density in bins and racks and improving the vertical space utilization helps maximize space. Moreover, the damage to shipping containers is also reduced when movement is eliminated during shipment.
- Emphasize decreasing logistics costs: Working with suppliers to cut expenses is the most efficient and effective strategy to cut logistical costs. Suppliers may be able to assist in covering certain direct logistics costs. Purchasing in larger numbers might also help you save money. Call suppliers to the company facility with a defined agenda to assess the items and propose logistics cost-cutting solutions is a fantastic way to start.
Smarter shippers of today not only consider freight logistics costs but also the carrier’s reliability, especially when reputation comes at a hefty price. That is only one of the numerous reasons why DHL Express is the ideal partner for you. Our widespread logistics network across 220 countries and territories helps in ensuring that your shipment reaches the customers in perfect condition. Besides, we offer preferential rates for your shipments, making overseas shipping extremely easy for you.
For more information, contact DHL’s certified international specialists today!