Facebook Touch: How to Download and Install [Complete Guide]
“What is Facebook touch?” you may be wondering. H5 applications created Facebook Touch, a smart and feature-rich client. It is a touchscreen-specific application. You’ve probably heard of multiple touchscreen smartphones when you hear the term “touch screen.”
You are correct; it was designed to make it mobile-friendly with a sophisticated touch experience. It’s an alternative to the standard official app.
Facebook Touch functions similarly to other applications, although it has an advantage in terms of visuals and user-friendliness. If your regular Facebook app on your smartphone is slow, or if your internet connection is poor, then it is for you. Even with a slow internet connection, it functions nicely. As a result, it is regarded as one of the top applications.
What’s Facebook Touch?
First and foremost, Facebook Touch was not invented by Facebook. H5, which was recently bought by Lighthouse, created the app.
In a nutshell, It is an advanced FB app created exclusively for touchscreen phones. It offers various unique features as well as an easy-to-use UI.
While you can still use the conventional FB app, Facebook Touch differs in a few areas, including:
- It is more responsive. It was designed primarily for mobile users, so it would consume less data. Furthermore, you can use it even if your internet connection is slow.
- The graphics are improved, and the display will follow suit. You may view high-resolution photographs without slowing down the loading time.
- The UI is simpler to grasp and operate. As a result, you may anticipate a smooth user experience.
Difference Between Facebook Touch and Facebook App
Now let’s learn about some differences between the Facebook app and Touch.
- When you use a browser to access Facebook, the web address will be https://m.facebook.com. Then you open Facebook Touch and the site URL changes to https://touch.facebook.com.
- When you visit, you will notice higher-quality photographs and better presentations. The usual FB website contains less info and photos of inferior quality.
- Because it is created exclusively for smartphones, It provides a better user interface while requiring less data.
- Facebook Touch’s overall functionality is superior to the standard Facebook version. This is due to the fact that it is built for mobile users. Whereas standard Facebook resolution diminishes when used on a smartphone.
Features of Facebook Touch
It has some advantages that set it apart from the Facebook app. The user is drawn in by the seamless and improved user experience, which includes a plethora of useful functions. These are the only benefits that are still being marketed to new customers.
- It displays the most relevant and appropriate data related to the user’s activities and interests.
- You may watch and upload high-quality content.
- The most enhanced and fantastic interface for displaying various content captures the user’s interest for a long time to keep them online.
- You can also use the Facebook touch on the desktop by clicking here.
- After using it, you won’t need another messaging software because it has its own fattest chat section.
- It displays the content on the entire screen without taking up half of the screen with its own features. It means there are no unnecessary buttons that obstruct the user’s activity and cut off the post’s image.
- Even with a sluggish internet connection, the program consumes less data and operates faster. Because of the app’s extensive programming, it optimizes smartphone speed and reduces battery use.
- Because your device does not require adequate storage to execute it, you can use it even with low RAM handsets.
Limitations of Facebook Touch
While Facebook Touch is an improvement over standard Facebook, it does have limits. Let us look at what these are:
- The distinction between ordinary Facebook and Facebook Touch may not be obvious to everyone. People who are used to utilizing the ordinary version of Facebook may find the transition challenging.
- Since the release of Facebook Touch, it has already released several versions for touch devices that are likely to be superior to that.
- The desktop version of it may differ from the standard version.
The limits appear minimal in comparison to the features, but the final decision on whether or not to use this is yours.
Essential Points You Should Know About Working Of Application
It is an official condensed and optimized version of Facebook. When compared to light and messenger, it is identical to the Fbofficial. To connect with pals online, you must first download it on your mobile phone.
- It’s lighter than the original Facebook.
- Easy to use.
- Easy to operate.
- Don’t ask for extra space.
How to Download And Install Facebook Touch App for Android Mobile Phones?
Downloading an excessively light application differs slightly from downloading the standard program. You may get it by following these simple instructions.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Permit installation from unknown browsers.
- Open the web browser and search for the app.
- Click on Facebook Touch APK and download it.
- Install the application on your desired touch mobile phone.
- And boom! You’re all ready to enjoy the seamless experience of the lightweight app.
In layman’s terms, it’s a mobile-optimized version of the official app. It redirects to the mobile version for a better experience, such as higher quality and faster loading. The mobile version is identified by m.facebook. You can also access it from mobile devices, tablets, or laptops.
How to Install the Facebook Touch Application
You can also download the touch application by following the steps outlined below.
- Allow installation from unknown sources in your smartphone’s application settings.
- Download Facebook Touch from any web browser.
- An APK link will be shown on multiple websites.
- Navigate to the finest website, accept its terms and conditions, and then download.
- Install the application on your device when it has been downloaded.
- Log into your Facebook account and have fun.
It is a website that also functions as an app. To avoid having to enter a web URL every time, you can use the app by adding your profile shortcut to the home screen in the settings. You may also add a shortcut to the Facebook touch webpage without installing the app on your home screen.
On Android Devices
- Navigate to the Facebook Touch Webpage using any internet browser of your choosing.
- Go to the browser menu or the three dots in the upper right corner after you’ve opened the page.
- Select “Add to Home Screen” and then confirm it.
- Return to the home screen, where a new shortcut will be accessible.
- You can now safely log in and use your Facebook account here.
- Open the Safari browser which is already installed on your iPhone
- Go to Facebook touch the Web
- Clicking on the right-pointed arrow with the address box brings it dropdown
- Tap on “Add to Home Screen” and confirm your action
- After performing this action, the Your browser will automatically close and display the home screen with a shortcut.
How to Download Facebook Touch On Windows 8?
Windows 8 was originally built and developed with portability in mind. The goal was to provide users with a perfect and excellent experience. Primarily, its web store provides various apps to satisfy the desire to function flawlessly! However, H5 has not released the application for Windows separately.
If you’re seeking how to download programs on Windows 8, look no further!
- Open store on your mobile phones
- Search for the app.
- Click and install the application.
- Sign by entering your information.
- Login using your credentials.
- Enjoy using the application.
Who Should Use Facebook Touch?
Because even the most basic mobile phones are now pretty powerful, and the majority of users can run the standard Facebook app just fine. The list of people who should use Facebook Touch is shrinking by the day. Nonetheless, we believe the following folks could benefit:
- Users who have feature phones
- Users that do not have an Android or an iOS device (E.g., Windows Phone or Ubuntu Touch).
- Assume you have accessibility issues with regular smartphone apps. However, before relying on Facebook Touch, you should consider the phone’s built-in accessibility features.
The official app, the regular website, or the Facebook Lite app should be used by everyone else. If none of these work, you may always rely on Facebook Touch.
Read Also: How to boost video experience.
What Can You Access via Facebook Touch?
You may effortlessly access a variety of features with Facebook Touch. You can get much of the information you’ll need by clicking on the three dots in the top right-hand corner. These are some examples:
- Your profile picture
- A “Suggested” tab that shows Facebook sites and groups that you might be interested in.
- An “Apps” tab that provides a rapid summary of all the apps available on Facebook.
- A “Favourites” tab where you can quickly access movies you’ve seen, messages, friends, and so on.
- A “Groups” tab that lists all of the groups you’ve joined.
How Can I Turn off Facebook Touch Notifications?
Nobody enjoys being inundated with notifications. Notifications such as when someone “likes” your article or “reacts” to your comment are extremely annoying. The good thing is that you can quickly disable the notifications. Follow the steps outlined below to accomplish this:
- On your smartphone, go to the “Settings” menu.
- A new window will appear. Here, select “Apps.”
- The Facebook Touch app can be found under applications.
- Tap this and then select the Notifications tab.
- You can disable notifications and force-stop the app from this screen.
- This disables Facebook Touch from sending notifications to your mobile device.
Accessing Account Info and Privacy Settings
When it comes to accessing your account details and privacy settings, It is even easier than the regular Facebook app. Here’s what you need to do to get this information:
- On your smartphone, launch the Facebook Touch app.
- Enter your username, phone number, and password to access your Facebook account.
- Click the three lines in the upper right corner of the main page.
- Scroll down to “Help and Settings,” then select “Settings.”
Step 5: You can check and modify your account information, preferences, permissions, and visibility here.
Advantages of Facebook Touch
One of the most noticeable differences between ordinary Facebook and Facebook Touch is that the lather handled the problem of a slow internet connection. It performed more smoothly and produced higher-quality photos.
The touch version of the Facebook app encompassed the entire screen, delivering a more exhilarating experience while watching videos or images. Facebook users who used the touch version saw a smoother interface, akin to that of an iPhone.
One of the advantages of Facebook Touch was the in-window chat tool, which allowed you to see who was online and who was not.
Disadvantages of Facebook Touch
It is currently regarded as an outdated version of the super-updated mobile app because it was created in 2009 when smartphones were only starting to evolve.
It lacks the SSL encryption capability, making navigation less safe and secure. Unfortunately, it cannot be adapted for larger displays, hence it is only suitable for small touchscreen devices.
Despite being a significant upgrade to the normal FB version at the time, the other version lacked adult content banning and other safety-related features.
In 2021, almost no one uses Facebook touch on computers.
Facebook Lite Is a Better Alternative
If you want to use Facebook Touch for speed and bandwidth concerns and have an Android or iOS smartphone, you should definitely use the FB Lite app. This is a low-end version of the official Facebook app meant for individuals with sluggish mobile internet connections.
As long as you remember to download, install, and log in to the app before you become trapped in the middle of nowhere, it can be a lifesaver when the signal bars begin to fade.
Is It Worth Using Facebook Touch?
As I have simply described all of the app’s features, there is no doubt that Facebook Touch is worthwhile to use. It is entirely dependent on your priorities and areas of similarity. Many individuals find it more useful than the Facebook app, while others prefer to use its official app. People with limited software resources can enjoy this without worrying about running out of storage space.
Furthermore, Facebook Touch does not affect the mobile device. But it consumes less RAM, memory, and internet traffic than the Facebook standard software. Touch is also more secure than apps. Because it requires a third-party web browser to function on the smartphone. Touch is designed to improve photo and video overviews on smartphones.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Now it’s time to discuss some common FAQs on this topic.
Where can I download it?
It is not accessible on Google Play or the App Store. To download and install it, look for an APK file by typing “download Facebook Touch” into the search area of the web browser you regularly use. Before you can download it, you must first modify your smartphone’s authorization settings to allow the installation of apps from unknown senders.
Is Facebook Touch good?
It is especially beneficial for people who do not own an iOS or Android device. It can also be a nice alternative to the usual FB app. If you have difficulty using normal apps on your smartphone. Another advantage is that it consumes less bandwidth and is compatible with slower internet connections.
Can I send messages with Facebook Touch?
If you want to send direct messages on it. You’ll need to use the Messenger app, which you can get from either the Google Play Store or the App Store. The Messenger app includes several handy features. Such as the ability to search your conversations for specific keywords, groups, or persons, view message requests, and send stickers.
Can I carry out a Privacy Checkup using It?
Yes. To perform a Privacy Checkup with Facebook Touch, go to the three dots in the top right corner of the screen and select “Settings & Privacy” from the “Help and Settings” page. Privacy Checkup is located directly beneath the “Account” tab.
There’s no need to download it if you can already browse Facebook on your smartphone. However, if your phone’s user experience isn’t all that it’s built up to be, you might want to try this option before smashing your screen out of anger. To summarize, it’s easier to use, and faster, and the image quality will be improved.
Then, while you’re busy optimizing your entire Facebook user experience, look into other tools as well. There are various tools that can help you streamline daily operations, from scheduling posts to shortening links.