Snapchat Tricks: Change Username Without Deleting Your Account
Listen to the Podcast:
Are you looking to change Snapchat username without deleting your account? Have you faced any problems changing it? Don’t be worried! You can get the absolute solution to change your Snapchat username here.
We all change over time. And that phrase or expression that represented your personality a few years ago and that you chose as your username probably seems absurd to you today. Unlike other social networks, which limit how much or how often you can adjust your nickname, there are more flexible alternatives to changing your username for Snapchat.
While it’s impossible to change the nickname you first signed up with on Snapchat due to security concerns, the app allows you to change the one everyone sees when you send snaps and post stories. The good news is that it is very easy to change. Also, most contacts don’t see the registration username, so changing the ‘snap’ alias is more effective.
How to change Snapchat username without deleting account?
If you’re all set on changing your username and just replacing the name you see isn’t enough, there’s only one way to do it: to delete your account and start over. Remember that your current username will be removed forever if you go this route. No one, not even you, can use it anymore. On the other hand, you will have to add all your friends again, and all your saved snaps will be gone.
Is there any solution left? Yes, there’s a solution you could try. But it’s not guaranteed. Let’s come to the solution procedure.
- First, you need to open the Snapchat app.
- Then click on your profile icon in the top left corner.
- Select “Settings” from your profile page.
- You must scroll down from settings to find the “Feedback” section. Select “I Spotted a Bug“
- Then from the Bug window, click on “Profile.”
- Here comes the important part. You must write a custom message to the Snapchat team explaining why you need to change your username.
- Write a custom message and send it to the Snapchat team.
- You will be notified through your email.
- A custom message template is described in the video above.
Change the display name for Snapchat
To change your Snapchat display name to something more attractive-
- Open the app, and tap on your profile icon.
- Then tap on your current name or alias just below your Snapcode.
- A box with the option to change will appear: type your new name and press Save to finish.
Difference between username and display name in Snapchat
The username and the profile name differ; the first is the name you register when you open the account. Here is a table that summarizes the main differences between a username and a display name in Snapchat:
|Purpose||Unique identifier to log in to Snapchat||Name that appears on profile and chats|
|Permanence||Cannot be changed once created||Can be changed as often as desired|
|Uniqueness||Must be unique to each Snapchat account||Doesn’t have to be unique|
|Visibility||Used by friends to add you on Snapchat||Seen by friends in contact lists|
|Length||Maximum of 15 characters||Maximum of 50 characters|
|Character types||Only letters, numbers, and underscores||Can include letters, numbers, symbols|
What happens when you change your display name?
Now that you’ve changed your nickname, your friends will see it when you send them a Snap, look at your story, or when new followers search for you. No one will be notified of changes, and there is no time limit on how often you can make changes, unlike other social media apps. So feel free to change your identity as many times as you want.
To read all our social media-related content, click here.