The Little Mermaid 2023 Showtimes: All You Need To Know [Latest]
Looking for the perfect family outing this Spring? The much-anticipated live-action remake of Disney’s “The Little Mermaid” hits theaters on May 26, 2023. This blog post will guide you through everything from the Little Mermaid 2023 showtimes in your area to exploring available streaming options.
Dive into the magical adventure and ensure you don’t miss a splash!
- “The Little Mermaid” (2023) is a live-action remake of the Disney classic, set to be released in theaters on May 26, 2023.
- The movie features a star-studded cast, including Halle Bailey as Ariel, Jonah Hauer-King as Prince Eric, and Melissa McCarthy as Ursula.
- To watch the movie in theaters, you can find showtimes near you by visiting official movie websites or using theater apps. Tickets can be purchased online or at the box office.
- After its theatrical run, “The Little Mermaid” is expected to become available on streaming platforms like Disney+, possibly as early as August 2023.
The Little Mermaid (2023) Movie Details
The Little Mermaid (2023) is released in theaters nationwide on May 26, 2023.
|IMDb Rating||Rotten Tomatoes Rating||Director||Star Cast||Net Gross (US)|
|7/10||71%||Rob Marshall||Halle Bailey, Jonah Hauer-King, Javier Bardem, Melissa McCarthy, Daveed Diggs, Jacob Tremblay, Awkwafina, Noma Dumezweni, Jessica Alexander, Simone Ashley, Art Malik||$117.5 million (as of August 23, 2023)|
Release date and theater availability
“The Little Mermaid” hit the screens on May 26, 2023. It first showed at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles on May 8, 2023. The movie came out in RealD 3D. This brought rich detail and depth to each scene.
Even with COVID-19 around that time, there was no pushback on the date. Now, fans can watch this film in most movie halls across America.
Synopsis of the movie
The Little Mermaid is about a young mermaid named Ariel. She loves the human world and collects things from it. But her dad does not allow this. She meets a human prince and falls in love with him.
She makes a risky pact with an evil sea witch to be with him. The story shows Ariel’s brave fight to live as a human and be with her prince. This tale is based on a famous story by Hans Christian Anderson.
It also takes parts from Disney’s 1989 animated movie of the same name.
Cast and crew information
The “Little Mermaid” (2023) boasts a star-studded cast and creative crew, who have contributed their unique talents to bring this classic Disney tale to life. Here is a detailed breakdown of the cast and crew:
|Actor||Jonah Hauer-King||Prince Eric|
|Actor||Javier Bardem||King Triton|
|Actor||Jacob Tremblay||Flounder (voice)|
Table: The Little Mermaid Director and Casts
Each actor and crew member has brought unique skills and experiences to this retelling of the beloved Disney classic, ensuring a memorable and enjoyable movie experience for all viewers.
Read More: Chainsaw Man Season 2
The Little Mermaid 2023 Showtimes Detail
Find showtimes near you by visiting the official movie website or using a theater app, then purchase tickets online or at the box office for a magical experience on the big screen.
Finding showtimes near you
- “The Little Mermaid” (2023) is currently playing in theaters.
- Check local movie theater websites or use movie ticketing apps to find showtimes for “The Little Mermaid” (2023).
- Popular movie ticketing platforms like Fandango and AMC also provide information on showtimes.
- Visit the Fandango website or app, enter your location, and search for showtimes of “The Little Mermaid” (2023) in theaters near you.
- The AMC website allows you to search for showtimes at their theaters by entering your location and selecting “The Little Mermaid” (2023) as the movie.
- Check the listings frequently, as showtimes may vary or be updated.
To purchase tickets for the 2023 live-action remake of “The Little Mermaid,” follow these steps:
- Check online ticketing platforms like Fandango or Atom Tickets.
- Enter your location to find theaters near you showing the movie.
- Select a convenient date and time from the available showtimes.
- Choose the number of tickets you need for your group.
- Proceed to checkout and provide your payment information.
- Consider purchasing your tickets in advance, as they may sell out quickly.
- When buying tickets through Fandango, you can earn double rewards.
How to Watch The Little Mermaid at Home
To watch The Little Mermaid at home, you can choose from various streaming options available and consider subscribing to Disney+ for access.
You can watch The Little Mermaid (2023) through different streaming options. Here are some ways to enjoy the movie at home:
- Disney Plus: The live-action version of The Little Mermaid is expected to be available on Disney+ after its theatrical run. You can subscribe to Disney+ to stream the movie from the comfort of your own home.
- Streaming Websites: The movie may also become available on other streaming platforms or websites. Watch for updates and announcements regarding its availability on popular streaming services.
- Release Date: While there is no specific release date for The Little Mermaid on streaming platforms, it will likely be available sometime after the theatrical release, possibly as early as August 2023.
- Accessing Disney Plus: To stream The Little Mermaid on Disney+, you will need a subscription. Visit the official Disney+ website or download their app to sign up and get access to a wide range of movies and TV shows, including The Little Mermaid.
Disney+ subscription details
To watch “The Little Mermaid” live-action remake at home, you will need a Disney+ subscription. This subscription costs $7.99 per month with ads or $10.99 per month without ads.
Starting at $8 per month, there are also options to get Disney+ for free. It’s recommended to secure your Disney+ subscription ahead of the movie’s release so that you can enjoy it from the comfort of your own home.
While “The Little Mermaid” (2023) is expected to be available on Disney+, a specific release date has not been provided yet.
Trailer and First-Look Photos
The official trailer for The Little Mermaid (2023) will be released soon, giving fans a first glimpse into the highly anticipated film. Promotional materials such as first-look photos will also be available, building excitement for the movie’s release.
Availability and release date of the official trailer
The official trailer for The Little Mermaid (2023) was released on September 10th, 2022. It was first shown during a presentation at Disney’s D23 and has since been widely available online.
The trailer gives us a sneak peek into the movie and features stars like Halle Bailey and Melissa McCarthy. If you’re excited to see what the movie has in store, be sure to check out the official trailer that is now out!
Any released promotional materials
Promotional materials for “The Little Mermaid” have been released to give us a sneak peek of the movie. You can watch the official trailer to get a preview of what to expect. Additionally, first-look photos have also been made available, giving us a glimpse into the film’s visual world.
These promotional materials excite fans and build anticipation for “The Little Mermaid” in 2023.
About the Cast of The Little Mermaid
The main cast of The Little Mermaid includes Halle Bailey as Ariel, Jonah Hauer-King as Prince Eric, and Melissa McCarthy as Ursula.
Main cast members and their roles
The main cast members of The Little Mermaid (2023) are an ensemble of talented actors and actresses, each bringing their unique flair to these cherished characters.
Halle Bailey, a recognized singer-songwriter, has been cast as Ariel, the curious and enchanting mermaid who dreams of life on land. The casting of Bailey signed on in July 2019, sparked a controversy due to her being a Black actress playing a traditionally white character. More cast members were added between July and November 2019, each sure to bring their distinctive performance to the film.
Notable actors and their contributions to the film
Halle Bailey takes on the role of Ariel, the main character in “The Little Mermaid” film. She brings her singing talent and acting skills to portray this beloved Disney princess. Javier Bardem portrays King Triton, Ariel’s father, bringing his strong presence and depth to the role.
Melissa McCarthy plays Ursula, the iconic sea witch known for her powerful performance and wicked charm. Jonah Hauer-King plays Eric, Ariel’s love interest, adding a charming and relatable touch to the character.
Jacob Tremblay lends his voice to Flounder, Ariel’s loyal fish friend who adds humor and heart to the story. These notable actors each bring their unique talents and contributions to make “The Little Mermaid” an exciting and unforgettable film experience.
Creating The Little Mermaid
The production of The Little Mermaid involved a team of talented individuals who worked diligently to bring the enchanting underwater world to life through special effects and visual elements.
Behind-the-scenes details and production information
The making of The Little Mermaid 2023 was a fascinating process. Director Rob Marshall handpicked Halle Bailey for the role of Ariel, knowing she was perfect for it. The film is dedicated to Howard Ashman, who played a vital role in the original movie’s music.
The live-action remake is filled with Easter eggs and hidden details that fans will love discovering. It premiered at the prestigious Dolby Theater and has received positive reviews from Common Sense Media.
With such attention to detail and talented individuals involved, the behind-the-scenes work on this film truly brought the beloved story to life in a whole new way.
Special effects and visual elements
In Disney’s ‘The Little Mermaid’ 2023 adaptation, the special effects and visual elements play a crucial role in bringing the underwater world to life. The film’s visual effects supervisor, Tim Burke, used CGI technology to create stunning underwater scenes that immerse the audience in Ariel’s enchanting world.
Through impressive computer-generated imagery (CGI), viewers are transported into a vibrant and magical realm beneath the ocean. These breathtaking visuals make it feel as though we’re swimming alongside Ariel and her aquatic friends.
In addition, keep an eye out for possible Easter eggs hidden within the film, adding another layer of excitement for fans of both the original story and new adaptations.
Updates and News about The Little Mermaid
Stay updated with the latest information and developments surrounding The Little Mermaid 2023, including news about the cast, production updates, and exclusive behind-the-scenes details.
- The Little Mermaid (2023) is an upcoming movie that has generated a lot of excitement and anticipation.
- The film is directed by Rob Marshall and written by David Magee.
- It is a remake of the beloved animated film, with changes made to enhance and modernize the story for audiences.
- The movie will be released in theaters on May 26, 2023.
- It features a diverse cast, which has been praised for its representation and criticized by some.
- Halle Bailey stands out for her portrayal of Princess Ariel, receiving positive feedback from many viewers.
- However, there have also been some critics who feel that the remake falls short compared to the original version.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Check the answers below if you have any queries about the Little Mermaid movie.
1. When will “The Little Mermaid 2023” be showing?
“The Little Mermaid 2023” showtimes have not been announced yet. Stay tuned for updates from the production team, or check with your local theaters closer to the release date.
2. Where can I watch “The Little Mermaid 2023”?
“The Little Mermaid 2023” will be shown in movie theaters nationwide. Check with your local theater for screening dates and times once they are announced.
3. How long is “The Little Mermaid 2023”?
The length of “The Little Mermaid 2023” has not been confirmed yet. Once available, it will be specified on the movie’s official website or provided by the theater when purchasing tickets.
4. Is “The Little Mermaid 2023” suitable for children?
Yes, “The Little Mermaid 2019 ” is a family-friendly film suitable for children of all ages (with parental guidance) and adults who enjoy animated movies and musicals.