Craving a sweet treat that goes beyond the usual desserts? The Popeyes-inspired Strawberry Biscuits blend indulgent flavors with an irresistible twist. Dive into our guide, and we’ll show you how to recreate this bakery delight that promises a burst of strawberry goodness in each bite.
Get ready for a flavor adventure!
Overview of Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits
Popeyes-inspired strawberry biscuits are a culinary nod to the beloved flavors of one of America’s favorite fast-food joints. These mouthwatering treats replicate that unique blend of sweet and savory, offering a homemade twist on Popeyes’ limited-edition creation.
Imagine fluffy, buttermilk biscuits interlaced with vibrant strawberries, finished off with a drizzle of succulent vanilla icing—a fusion sure to excite your palate.
Crafting these delightful pastries brings the essence of Popeyes right into your kitchen without stepping foot outside. Each bite delivers extra tenderness, bursting with the freshness of real strawberries that have been lovingly incorporated into the dough.
The result is an irresistible harmony between fruit-filled bites and a glazed topping that mirrors those high-quality strawberry biscuits from Popeyes menus. Whether you’re aiming for an indulgent breakfast or seeking out an exceptional dessert option, these exquisite homemade versions stand ready to elevate your baking game and satisfy those whimsical cravings.
Ingredients Needed for Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits
Get ready to make your own strawberry biscuits that taste like Popeyes. You’ll need a few simple ingredients to start.
- Flour: This is the base of your biscuit dough. It will help form the shape and structure.
- Baking powder: Adds lift to your biscuits, making them light and fluffy.
- Baking soda: Works with baking powder for even more rise.
- Granulated sugar: Sweetens the dough just right.
- Fine sea salt: Enhances all the flavors in the biscuit.
- Cold unsalted butter: Creates those delicious flaky layers in the biscuits.
- Buttermilk: Gives the biscuits a tender texture and a nice tangy kick.
- Heavy whipping cream: Makes the biscuits rich and moist.
- Fresh strawberries: They bring sweet, tangy bursts of flavor.
- Powdered sugar: This will be your base for smooth icing.
- Milk: Thin out powdered sugar for drizzling over your baked goods.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a hint of warmth and sweetness to your icing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Strawberry Biscuits
Dive into the delightful process of crafting your own Popeyes-inspired strawberry biscuits, where each step unfolds the secrets to achieving that perfect blend of flaky texture and sweet berry flavor. Keep reading to transform simple ingredients into an indulgent treat.
Step 1: Shaping, Rolling and Stamping Biscuits
Making Popeyes-inspired strawberry biscuits is like creating art in your kitchen. With these steps, your dough will turn into delicious treats that look and taste great.
- Flour your surface well to prevent sticking.
- Gently knead your dough, but don’t overwork it; this keeps biscuits flaky.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness for the perfect rise.
- Dip your biscuit cutter in flour so it won’t stick to the dough.
- Press the cutter straight down without twisting for clean edges.
- Lift the cut biscuit out and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Collect scraps, re-roll once, and cut more biscuits until all the dough is used.
- For an added touch, use a small stamp or knife to make an imprint of a strawberry on each biscuit.
- Remember, if you work quickly and keep your ingredients cold, especially the butter, your biscuits will be light and airy.
Step 2: Brushing and Finishing Strawberry Biscuits
Popeyes-inspired strawberry biscuits bring a sweet twist to your meals. They have a rich flavor and are easy to make at home.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F before starting.
- Roll out your biscuit dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Use a biscuit cutter or glass to cut out the individual biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl for the glaze.
- Make sure the glaze is smooth and free of lumps.
- Take a pastry brush and lightly coat each biscuit with the glaze.
- Pop them into the oven and bake until they turn golden brown.
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick; it should come out clean.
- Let the biscuits cool down for a few minutes on the tray.
- Drizzle more glaze over them if desired for extra sweetness.
- Serve warm with strawberry preserves or fruit jams.
Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits Making Tips and Tricks
Use cold butter straight from the fridge. Cut it into small pieces with a pastry cutter or knife. This keeps your dough flaky and light. Mix your dry ingredients well before adding any liquids to avoid uneven biscuits.
Avoid overworking the dough; gentle hands make tender biscuits.
Roll out your dough on a lightly floured surface to prevent sticking without making it too tough. Stamp out your biscuits using a round cutter for classic shapes, or get creative with other forms.
If you want extra rise, freeze the shaped dough for 15 minutes before baking—this helps keep their structure as they get hot in the oven.
Keep an eye on those strawberry beauties while they bake so they turn golden brown, not burnt! Right after baking, brush them with melted butter for a shiny finish and rich flavor.
Always wait a few minutes before digging in; this lets them set up just right and makes every bite pure bliss!
Top 5 Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits Recipe Ideas
Switch up your strawberry biscuits with easy changes for a new twist. You can try using different berries, like blueberries or raspberries, to mix the flavors. Even chocolate chips can add a sweet surprise! If you’re looking for something richer, top your biscuits with cream cheese frosting or sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar before baking.
Want savory biscuits? Add shredded cheese and chopped herbs to the dough. Enjoy experimenting to find your favorite version of these delicious treats! Wanna enjoy a cup of coffee with Popeyes strawberry biscuits? Read about some top coffee recipes.
Discover top 5 recipes for Popeyes strawberry biscuits below.
Fresh Strawberry Popeyes Biscuits
Popeyes is known for their incredibly flaky, buttery-tasting biscuits. These southern-style biscuits have crispy edges and soft, pillowy centers, perfect for soaking up the flavors they are served with. Take Popeyes signature sides to the next level by transforming them into a sweet dessert filled with juicy strawberries!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 2 tbsp. turbinado sugar (for topping)
Nutrition Facts Per Biscuit: 180 calories, 7g fat, 170mg sodium, 25g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt together until well blended. Cut in the cold butter using a pastry knife or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center, and pour in the buttermilk. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir just until a shaggy dough forms.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Fold the dough over itself 5–6 times until it becomes smooth. Pat into a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Using a 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and place on the prepared baking sheet. Gently press strawberry pieces into the top of each unbaked biscuit, pressing lightly so they adhere. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over the top.
- Bake for 13–15 minutes, until lightly golden on top. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
These tender biscuits are the perfect balance of sweet and buttery. The strawberries bake down into jammy pockets of flavor in every bite, while the sugar on top adds a lovely crunch. Enjoy these tasty strawberry Popeyes biscuits for breakfast or dessert! It pairs nicely with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Strawberry Jam-Filled Popeyes Biscuits
Taking a cue from classic jam biscuits, this recipe blows up the flavors by starting with Popeyes famous flaky biscuit base! Sweet strawberry jam is injected inside so that each biscuit is stuffed with fruity filling.
- 1 batch Popeyes Biscuit dough (see previous recipe)
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp. water (for egg wash)
- Turbinado sugar for topping
Nutrition Facts Per Biscuit 230 calories, 8g fat, 270mg sodium, 36g carbs, 1g fiber, 3g protein
- Make a batch of Popeyes biscuit dough as directed in previous recipe. Roll out on floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness and cut out biscuits using a 2-inch cutter.
- Place biscuits close together on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes only. The biscuits will be partially baked.
- Remove pan from the oven. Using a small knife, gently cut a pocket in the top of each warm biscuit. Spoon 1-2 tsp of strawberry jam into each pocket.
- Brush the top of each biscuit with egg wash mixture and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow biscuits to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. The jam filling will be molten hot!
These Popeyes Strawberry Jam Biscuits are overflowing with sweet, sticky strawberry goodness. The contrast of the slightly crunchy sugared topping against the soft, juicy interior is delightful. Enjoy them on their own or topped with whipped cream.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Popeyes Biscuits
What could be better than a platter of Popeyes famous biscuits? Why, cream cheese and fresh strawberry stuffed Popeyes biscuits of course! This recipe takes breakfast to the next level.
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp cold butter, cubed
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1⁄4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Turbinado sugar for topping
Nutrition Facts Per Biscuit 340 calories, 18g fat, 320mg sodium, 43g carbs, 1g fiber, 5g protein
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. Cut butter into flour using a pastry blender or fork until mixture looks like crumbs.
- Add cream cheese and diced strawberries, gently folding mixture together until evenly incorporated but still crumbly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, cream and flour until smooth. Pour over biscuit mixture and stir to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Turn out dough onto a well-floured surface. Pat into a 1-inch thick rectangle. Cut out rounds using a floured 2-inch biscuit cutter, pressing together and rerolling scraps as needed.
- Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops lightly with cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until tops are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
These biscuits strike the perfect sweet and savory balance with creamy tang from the cheesecake-esque filling and bites of fresh ruby red strawberries throughout. The touch of sugar on top adds lovely crunch and brings the whole decadent treat together. Enjoy!
[Video Credits @offthechainwithjoe]
Glazed Strawberry Popeyes Biscuits
Popeyes flaky biscuits get dressed up for dessert with a sweet strawberry glaze in this recipe. The biscuits bake up extra tall and soft, making them the perfect base for soaking up fruity flavor.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp honey
For the glaze:
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Pinch of salt
Nutrition Facts Per Biscuit (with glaze) 210 calories, 7g fat, 350mg sodium, 36g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g protein
- Make the biscuits: Whisk together dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in buttermilk and honey until a sticky dough forms.
- On a floured surface, knead gently 3-4 times. Roll out to 3⁄4 inch thickness. Cut out rounds using a 2” biscuit cutter.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 450°F for 12-14 minutes until golden brown.
- Make the glaze: In a small pot, combine all glaze ingredients. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes until reduced by half.
- Remove biscuits from oven and immediately brush generously with glaze while still hot. Serve biscuits warm or at room temperature.
These Glazed Strawberry Popeyes Biscuits are sweet and tangy, with delightful pockets of fruitiness in every bite. The glaze soaks into the fluffy biscuit layers creating a wonderfully moist texture. Top with whipped cream for extra decadence!
Strawberry Crumble Popeyes Biscuits
Popeyes biscuits get a fruity makeover in this easy recipe perfect for brunch or dessert. Sweet strawberries bake nestled between a flaky biscuit base and a crispy oat streusel topping.
Ingredients for the biscuits:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, diced
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
For the filling:
- 2 cups (12 oz) strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
For streusel topping:
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
Nutrition Facts Per Biscuit 360 calories, 15g fat, 340mg sodium, 55g carbs, 3g fiber, 5g protein
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare biscuit dough as directed. Roll out to 1⁄2 inch thickness and use a 2” cutter to cut rounds. Arrange in a greased 8×8” baking dish.
- Make strawberry filling by tossing sliced berries with sugar, vanilla and cornstarch. Spoon evenly over each biscuit round.
- For streusel, mix all ingredients together in a bowl with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over the berry layer.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes until biscuits are cooked through and topping is crunchy. Serve warm.
These biscuits are bursting with sweet strawberry flavor in every bite. Enjoy the contrast of the crispy oat crumble against the soft, moist interior. Serve these Strawberry Crumble Popeyes Biscuits for a fun brunch dish or dessert! If you are interested, you can read about the Pumpkin Spice latte from Starbucks.
Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Check the answers below if you have some queries about Popeyes strawberry biscuit.
Can you eat Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits with a chicken sandwich?
Yes, you can! Many people love adding a sweet twist to their savory meal by including these delicious biscuits. Just order the chicken sandwich and ask for strawberry biscuits on the side or placed directly in your sandwich.
Why are some Popeyes biscuits so dry?
It’s all about the baking process. If they’re baked too long, biscuits can lose moisture and become dry. But don’t worry; when made right, they’re perfectly fluffy and moist.
Adding butter or honey can also help make them juicier if needed. Remember to check calories if you’re watching your diet—add-ons increase them!
Do strawberry biscuits from Popeyes have real fruit?
Indeed, they do! The recipe calls for real strawberries, which means every bite packs a punch of fruity flavor that pairs wonderfully with the soft biscuit texture.
Always look at the ingredient list to confirm what’s inside; it will include fresh strawberries.
How much does a Popeyes Strawberry Biscuit cost?
Prices may vary based on location, but expect them not to break your budget. These tasty treats offer great value and an explosion of flavor without emptying your wallet.
Is there a way to make these delicious bites last longer?
Sure thing! You just need to store them properly in either the fridge or freezer as outlined before—cool storage keeps them fresh for later enjoyment.
How to Store and Freeze Strawberry Biscuits?
Storing strawberry biscuits is easy. Freezing them keeps their flavor fresh for months.
- Place your leftover strawberry biscuits in an airtight container.
- Keep the container in the fridge to enjoy the biscuits for 2–3 days.
- Lay biscuits on a baking sheet if you want to freeze them.
- Slide the sheet into your freezer until the biscuits are fully frozen, about three hours.
- Transfer frozen biscuits into a freezer bag or airtight container once they are hard.
- Label the bag with today’s date so you know when you froze them.
- Biscuits will stay good in your freezer for up to three months.
- Bake frozen strawberry biscuits straight from the freezer, adding a few extra minutes to the baking time.
Are you ready to try something amazing? Dive into these homemade Popeyes-inspired strawberry biscuits. They’re tender and bursting with fruity goodness, just like the real deal. With fresh strawberries and sweet vanilla icing, every bite is a delight.