Resolve quickbooks error h202 with quickbooks file doctor
Stumbled upon Quickbooks error H202 and do not know how to solve it? Here’s what you need to do. Check out this complete guide to know what causes Quickbooks error H202 and how you can fix it.
Quickbooks error H202 occurs when you try to open the company file in multi-user mode. You usually access the error when you attempt to access the file on some other system. The error message states that the multi-user mode is blocked. The error can occur because of different reasons like host settings configured incorrectly or damaged ND files.
It will denote that the file is stored on some other system and the Quickbooks application will need help in connecting to the server. Because of the error, you will not be able to open any company file. If you are also encountering the same issue, keep reading to resolve the issue with the simple steps mentioned.
Triggers of Quickbooks Error H202
Check out the complete list of all the possible reasons for Quickbooks error H202.
- You have not configured the host settings properly.
- The firewall system is blocking the communication between your system and the Quickbooks application
- Configured the DNS settings incorrectly.
- The IP address of the host is not available with the Quickbooks desktop
- There is an issue with the Quickbooks database server manager
- The Nd file is damaged.
Signs of Quickbooks Error H202
To make it easier for you to identify the error, we have come up with a list of symptoms that you need to look for.
- Unable to use the multi-user access mode in Quickbooks
- You can not open a file stored on another system.
- Quickbooks error H202 prompt appearing on the screen
- Quickbooks application is slow and responds to the instructions slowly
- The system gets slow.
Quick Fixes to Resolve Quickbooks Error Code H202
Here are some of the quick fixes for QuickBooks error H202. But, always remember to log in to your system as an administrator before using these methods.
Method 1: Running Quickbooks File Doctor
Quickbooks file doctor is developed by Intuit only to allow the users to get rid of the company file issues and network issues with just a single click. Error H2020 is another network error that you can resolve using the tool. To use the Quickbooks file doctor to resolve the issue, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to visit the official Intuit website and then download the Quickbooks file doctor on the system.
- Next, follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Now, open the tool window by clicking on the file doctor tool icon.
- In the tool window, you will have to choose the file that you wish to scan. If you are not able to find it, you need to choose the Browse option and then look for your file.
- Next, you will have to choose the method of scan and then click on the scan button.
- Also, you need to type your admin credentials. You will then have to choose to diagnosis file option.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete. When the process will complete, end the tool window and then open Quickbooks application.
- Check if you are facing the same issue or not.
Method 2: Run Quickbooks Database Server Manager
The following method to fix Quickbooks error H202 is to run the Quickbooks database server manager on the system. Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- First, on the server system, go to the start menu.
- You will then have to type server in the search box and from the options appearing on the screen, choose Quickbooks database server manager.
- You will then have to look for the folder in which your company file is present.
- Choose to scan. Also, fix firewall issues.
- When done, you will have to wait for the scan to complete.
- On completion, terminate QuickBooks database server manager. On all the server systems, you will have to choose to run Quickbooks
- Go to the File option and then choose to start multi-user mode.
- If you can turn on multi-user mode, it means that you have resolved the H202 error.
Method 3: Move the Company File to New Folder
You may be facing Quickbooks error H2020 because you have saved the company file in an inaccessible location. So, move the company file to another location and then attempt to open the file. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To begin with, on the server, you will have to create a new folder.
- You need to change the permissions of the folder so that it can be shared.
- When done, you will have to copy the company file to the new folder that you have created.
- You will then have to open the company file again in multi-user mode.
Method 4: Run Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The next method that we recommend you to follow is to run the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool. For that, carry out the steps as explained.
- First, you will have to download the Quickbooks file doctor on the system.
- You will then have to click on the downloaded file and then open the installation window.
- Next, you will have to follow the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Now, look for the folder that you wish to scan. Also, you need to note down the Ip address and the network interface number.
- You will then have to check for the open ports in the firewall section. If there are ports, you need to open ports for Quickbooks
- Next, go to the option to test data file connectivity
- When done, open the Quickbooks file again and check if the error persists.
Method 5: Testing the Network Connectivity
Now, the last solution on this list is to test the connectivity. To test the connectivity, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to open the Run window on the screen.
- You will then have to type cmd in the Run window and then choose Ok.
- Next, you need to type ping_servernamr in the cmd and then press the enter key.
- The steps mentioned above are applicable for all the systems where you face the issue. When you will ping the server, you will receive a response that the packet is lost. If this is the response, you will have to check the connection.
Quickbooks error code H202 is a network error that you can encounter when you attempt to use the file in the multi-user mode. With all the methods mentioned above, you can easily resolve the error. If you still face the issue, seek guidance